1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Honey & weight reduction

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sundaribhaskar, Apr 7, 2008.

1. sundaribhaskar

sundaribhaskar Bronze IL'ite

hi all,

For last two month regularly I had 1 tsp of honey mixed with few drops of lemon in half cup of warm water morning in empty stomach and half hour later i had my usual coffee. I did this thinking i will loose weight but i realised it has a reverse effect on me and i seem to have added weight on my hands , thighs bonkand pretty upset and stopped having the drink.

Has this happened for anyone else....
    thanks

Sundari bhaskar

Admin Note: Here are other related threads on honey and weight loss

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indian-diet-and-nutrition/136127-honey-luke-warm-water-weight.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/nature-cure/154511-some-new-tips-weight-loss.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/g...950-honey-lemon-warm-water-early-morning.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/101364-honey-weight-loss-how-two.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/healthy-food-and-living/140705-honey-and-cinnamon.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/healthy-food-and-living/179264-honey-for-weight-loss.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013

2. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sundari,

I have heard that 1 tsp of honey mixed with 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder (pattai) and make a paste. Boil 1 cup of water and add it to the paste. Leave this mixture covered for half an hour. Drink it in empty stomach in the morning and before bed in night. If taken continously, you can see better results.

All the best !!!

Suni :)

3. sundaribhaskar

Hi suni,

thanks a lot for sharing this info.

sundari Bhaskar

Dear Sundari,

I have heard that 1 tsp of honey mixed with 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder (pattai) and make a paste. Boil 1 cup of water and add it to the paste. Leave this mixture covered for half an hour. Drink it in empty stomach in the morning and before bed in night. If taken continously, you can see better results.

All the best !!!

Suni :)[/quote]

4. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

You are welcome Sundari ... :) Suni

5. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi Sundari,

Do you take breakfast?
    Actually, as far as know, honey and lemon gives energy.
    I have been asked by my doctor to take the same lemon honey for energy in morning, but she also asked me to not take any breakfast.
    Instead, i can take carrot juice, or ragi kanji for breakfast and she asked me to take buttermilk anytime I feel hungry.

Take care,
    Yamuna.

6. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Yamuna,

A Healthy Breakfast Means Good Nutrition

Start the Day Right - Don't Skip Breakfast

If we skip breakfast, we are likely to become tired when our brains and bodies run low on fuel. By mid-morning, a lot of us grab a cup of coffee or wolf down a sugary candy bar to wake up again. This might work for a few minutes, but by lunch time we are hungry, crabby, and perhaps our mood might make us a little more prone to making unhealthy choices at lunch. Eating a good breakfast sets the tone for the rest of the day.

Skipping breakfast is a common strategy for losing weight, but not a smart one. Many people believe that they will lose weight if they skip meals, but that just isn't true; the body expects to be refueled a few times a day, starting with a healthy breakfast. Eating breakfast is good for weight loss. In fact, people who eat breakfast are more likely to maintain a healthy weight.

What is a Healthy Breakfast?

A healthy breakfast should contain some protein and some fiber. Protein can come from low fat meats, eggs, beans, or soy. Fiber can be found in whole grains, vegetables and fruits. A good example of a healthy breakfast might be something simple like a hard boiled egg, an orange, and a bowl of whole grain cereal with low fat milk. Stay away from the sugary cereals, syrups, pastries, and white breads because they are digested quickly and will leave you hungry and tired in a couple of hours. Protein and fiber satisfy your hunger and will keep you feeling full until lunch time.
    If you don't like to eat breakfast, or believe you don't feel good when you eat breakfast, you can split your breakfast up into two smaller meals. Eat a hard boiled egg at home, and an hour or two later, take a break from work and snack on an apple and a handful of healthy nuts like pecans or walnuts.

Hope you find it useful. Regards, Suni :)

7. sundaribhaskar

Hi Yamuna,

I do have my morning coffee after the drink and later have my breakfast. I do not skip my breakfast as i cannot withstand hunger.

I just noticed already a thread has been started in may 2007 about this. may be you can go through that.

bye

Sundari bhaskar

8. rosee003

rosee003 New IL'ite

Dear Suni and Sunadari,

Dear Sundari / Suni,

please DO NOT, I repeat , DO NOT take CINNAMON for reight reduction.

It is hepato toxic and if you take it regularly , you will end with liver toxicity.

For details, google "cinnamon liver toxicity" and see...

Never take the risk.

Honey alone is okay for weight reduction, you may try.

What would have happened in Suni's case is , she would have been continuing

"sugar intake as before|"...for weight reduction, we need to stop sugar intake

first. then try with honey and hot water early morning..it should workd..if you

are otherwise disciplined in life.

all the best ..

with regards,

rosee003.

9. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Honey with warm water is a catalyst to weight reduction and WILL not reduce weight alone.
    What honey effectively does is to give you more energy and improve the metabolism. So unless it is combined with workouts and a healthy diet, you will not see weight reduction.

And yes reducing sugar intake helps in weight control.

Again, Cinnamon is not recommended for a long term use. Also if anyone is planning to have a baby, cinnamon is best avoided as it has negative effects on the fertility (for both men and women)

Hope this helps

10. Anjuzz

Anjuzz New IL'ite

Thank u Rosee I was planing to take Honey+ Cinnamon tea