1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Honey and Weight Loss: How are the Two Connected?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by ptamil2007, Jul 8, 2010.

1. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Ladies,

I came across this article and thought of sharing this with you all. Many of us including me use the Sweetner to avoid sugar. Time to sit back and think:

Honey and weight loss are often associated. Why is honey a smarter choice than table sugarif you are watching your weight and what you eat?

Refined dietary sugars lack minerals and vitamins and are often called empty calories. They draw upon the body's nutrients to be metabolized into the system, and when these nutrients are depleted, metabolizing of cholesterol and fatty acid is impeded, contributing to higher cholesterol and promoting obesity due to higher fatty acid on the organs and tissues. The good news is that honey, a natural sweetener, on the other hand, contains 22 amino acids and a variety of minerals essential for its metabolism and hence is helpful in preventing obesity. It is believed that drinking lemon juice with a little honey the first thing in the morning is an effective anti cellulite treatment as it helps to increase body metabolism. If you are determined to shed weight and speed up your sluggish metabolism, try this honey and lemon diet tip. If you like, another very popular recipe associated with honey and weight loss is a drink that uses honey and cinnamon as ingredients. Many people have found this home remedy very effective in losing pounds. The steps are easy: Dissolve half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder (or ground cinnamon) in a cup of boiling water. Stir the mixture and cover for half an hour. Filter away any big particles and add a teaspoon of honey. Take it in the morning with an empty stomach about half an hour before breakfast.

For people who tend to overeat or feel discomfort in the stomach after meals, honey can be taken forbetter digestion. Honey is a simple carbohydrate that one safely take during fasting because it contains easily digested sugars. Foods that are rich in sugars or complexes of sugars are carbohydrates. How the sugars are arranged will determine whether we call a food a source of simple or complex carbohydrates. When sugars are bound into rows, as they are in starches such as whole grains and legumes, they are called complex carbohydrates. It takes the body much longer to digest the sugar from a complex carbohydrate.

The latest theory based on the hibernation diet also builds a link between fructose-rich honey and weight loss. It suggests taking a generous spoonful or two of honey at night, either as a warm drink or straight from the jar, and promises to help us sleep and lose weight at the same time by fuelling the liver, speeding up fat-burning metabolism and easingstress hormones.

And if you are considering artificial sugar or sweetener like Aspartame to help you lose weight, you are putting yourself completely on the wrong track. It might get you off from a few calories but it gives you a bunch of other serious health problems. Read about this sweet poison in The Silent, Sweet Killer -- Aspartame

Admin Note: Here are other discussions on weight loss

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indian-diet-and-nutrition/136127-honey-luke-warm-water-weight.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/nature-cure/154511-some-new-tips-weight-loss.html
    Honey, Lemon in Warm Water
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/healthy-food-and-living/140705-honey-and-cinnamon.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/healthy-food-and-living/179264-honey-for-weight-loss.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/23746-honey-and-weight-reduction.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013

2. sreenidhishar

sreenidhishar Bronze IL'ite

wow................this is useful info.......thank u .

am gonna start taking lemon honey from tomrw morning.

Nisha.

3. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

I have started taking honey lemon in the mornings.

As mentioned in the article, I shall also try having honey with cinnamon before breakfast.

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

I have also started my day with lemon honey for many years. Like honey anyways..

5. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

Hi Ptamil

Thanks for your informative article...The more I read about healthy food, more motivated I becomes to loose weight. I started warm water + honey+ lime for ssome time to loose post-partum weight but could not continue it. I will restart it again , along with cinnamon in the morning and see if it helps me to loose my stubburn weight which is determined to stay with me forever.

6. kalaipriya

kalaipriya Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the detailed explanation !!

7. shagydeep

shagydeep Bronze IL'ite

Hello,
    I also heard that drinking honey in Luke water in the early morning will reduce weight and see the result in just one month...:cheers

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013