1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Homeopathy To Increase Appetite N Weight

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by aratisajjan, Dec 3, 2016.

1. aratisajjan

aratisajjan Bronze IL'ite

hello all,

Anyone of u tried homeopathy to increase kids appetite n it worked? My 2 year old daughter is grossly underweight. Doctor said she should be atleast 11.5kgbut she is just 9kg.

She is fussy eater n have have tried all high calorie food to make her put on weight but nothing seems to work much.so want to try homeopathy which is my last hope.

So can someone tell me it's safer effective for the toddlers?

2. Mario123

Mario123 Gold IL'ite

Did dr say that she is grossly underweight? U can try multivitamin syrups . Homeopathy is last resort that too if u know that homeopath dr very well and trust him as many times ayurv / homeopathy medicines are with steroids and without label. That increases appetite and but at the cost of permanent dangerous side effects. So try only with trusted dr.

3. aratisajjan

Actually we took second opinion as my usual pead was out of station. She was quite surprised looking at her weight. She suggested few changes in her diet n has prescribed multivitamin syrep.

I have tried all possible weight gaining food so homeo was my last option. I have read about steroids too n that's why the concern. She is off the growth chart..so I have to do something soon

4. aratisajjan

Any suggestions please mommies.. Help me plz...she is falling sick regularly with cold, cough n doctor said her immunity low as she is underweweight

5. Azina

Azina New IL'ite

6. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,

Does she go to daycare/school in India? Its winter time and flu is spreading. Make her eat her food soemhow. I know its very difficult at this age as they can not sit still. My kid is same. But with Tv/Tab/Cartoons, I can feed her full goat. I know its bad of me but she won't swallow a bite otherwise.