1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Homemade FACE MASK

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by chatkara_tasty, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. platinum

platinum Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

<!--[if !mso]> <style> v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Nice thread and thanks for the tips and sharing with detail description:thumbsup. Really helps a lot for home facials.

Keep Rocking :cheers

2. GreenWorld1

GreenWorld1 New IL'ite

Hi....

I saw ur post reg the Mask ... but i have dought .... "The Egg Yolk won't give bad smell " ... that too while apply in the face ?

have u tried this already?

3. meenakshijanani

meenakshijanani Silver IL'ite

Re: Face Masks for dry and oily skin

Hi Chatkara,
    Thanks for posting the tips.
    But b4 trying I just want to know
    How many days once i need to repeat it.
    Thanks

4. alexsmith

alexsmith New IL'ite

Re: tomato mask

The only mask I know of for blackheads is geared to people with oily skin.
    It would be a baking soda and salt mask. Fill a container with three fourths backing soda one fourth salt and mix it. Wet your face the message the powder onto your wet face. It can dry out your skin so don't leave it on for anymore than ten minutes, and try not to get it in your eyes.

That is the only mask I know of specifically geared towards blackheads.

I can give you some more masks for both oily and dry skin but I figured it would be a waste of time if you were only concerned about blackheads.

Just don't let any idiots convince you that a blackhead is dirt. Generally it isn't. Most of the time it's oxidized oil that is unable to leave the pore either because it is too thick or the pore is too small. Sooo now that I think of it. Before you do the scrub you may want to open up your pores with a steam. Boil some water, put it in a bowl, and put your face over it with a towel over your head. Obviously think about it and don't go and steam burn your face off :p If you want you can add an essential oil to the water of the steam. Tea Tree oil is best, it has anti fungal and bacterial properties which will help with skin issues in general.

Addition:
    Clay Masks - Sometimes you can find fairly clean clay at clean beaches (I try to avoid this one and by clay masks from the drugstore. Don't use clay from a craft store... They usually add stuff to those.) - Clay will absorb oils, temporarily tighten skin and shrink pores.

Egg White - Works like a hydroxy mask. It tightens the skin and helps unclog pores without overly drying out the skin. Wait till the white dries in your face and then peel it off.

Both peroxide or rubbing alcohol cane make a fantastic alternative for a toner. They both dry the skin out, kill bacteria, minimize pores and tighten skin; rubbing Alcohol more so than peroxide.

Calamine lotion can be applied to the face and will work like a clay mask.

Mashed up avocado and glycerin - glycerin can be bought at a pharmacy and should only be used on dry skin. The combination will soften and moisturize the skin.

Milk soaks - Have anti inflammatory properties. vary good for sunburns, allergic reactions and other skin irritations. Obviously it's no substitute for a doctors prescription.

Toothpaste - Gets rid of zits. - This ones kind of up in the air for me. I don't get how it would work and have seen evidence from both sides of the fence as to whether or not it works so... no promises with this one.

Allergy Drops - contain substances that constrict blood vessels to make the blood flow out of the capillaries and reduce redness. My opinion, it works but it's a waste of money.

Plain yogurt and oatmeal - combined together they make a great hydrating mask.

Lemon rind and juice (of the lemon) - combine juice and grated rind of one lemon, cover and let stand for 8 HOURS (a little crazy, I know, but this is considered a PEEL which has unique benefits faster masks don't have) remove gently with washcloth. The results are not as dramatic as a chemical peel but, over time, this will reduce the appearance of scars (except icepick and scars under the skin). This peel will also help with acne. May cause some lightening of the skin.

Sorry but I'm getting kind of bored for the time being lol so... there are many more masks and jazz. If you really want them just e-mail me and I can give you Lemon scrubber, a vegetable mix mask, egg and honey moisturizer and egg and peanut oil. There are sooo many of these things out there it's insane. If you can't find anything reputable online try the library. Old-school but lots of info.

The best thing you can do is drink lots of water, eat healthy and keep your stress down. Also, for many people, refined white flower and sugar can cause breakouts. Avoid getting hairspray on your face and don't touch your face if you can help it. When it comes to acne or oily skin keep in mind that excessively washing your face can cause your body to make more oil and not really help you at all, plus, it can just irritate the skin. I only mention this because you said you were a skin freak. Do everything in moderation. Too much cleaning can be just as harm full as too little.

5. jeni

jeni New IL'ite

Sure to try it.

6. Aman21

Aman21 New IL'ite

from where i will get saffron????

7. flyingfancy

flyingfancy New IL'ite

hi chatkara,
    this is flying fancy,
    i have got oily skin and i am using your facial msk for oily skin(tomato msk) and it is really working. iam very happy for it .thanks yar!!!!!!!! do u have any idea about under eye darkness msks.if u have any pl. let me know.because i am suffering from this since a long time. i'll be waiting for ur precious reply.

regards.

8. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for tips...have to try the one for oily skin.good to know it works.

9. ramya98

ramya98 New IL'ite

face is oily... body is dry

hi ladies
    can anyone help me
    my face is oily... and my body is dry.......
    give me tips to reduce oily:drowning

10. ramya98

ramya98 New IL'ite

Re: face is oily... body is dry

plz give me suggestions??????///

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.