Home Remedy for Dandruff/Hair Fall!

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by RiddhimaT, Jul 27, 2012.

1. RiddhimaT

RiddhimaT Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I have a lot of Hair fall....initially I used to think may be it was because I was feeding my baby but then even after that my hair fall is intense.

I went to the doc and he said it is becoz of hidden dandruff...then I tried medicated shampoos for dandruff but no use...

I am sick and tired of trying everything.
    Can anyone suggest any good and effective home remedy for dandruff or hair fall?
    I don't want to go in for those expensive treatments of hair fall in beauty salons etc.

Thanks in advance!

1 person likes this.

2. myhobbyworld

myhobbyworld New IL'ite

Hi Ridhima,
    This is what i do for dandruff
    soak methi seeds overnite...grind it next morning and apply it to your hair and wash after 30min without using any shampoo. use some conditioner after your hair wash. This should help you.

Note: Methi after grinding becomes very sticky, wash your mixer container immediately. It may be a bit fussy to wash your hair but it will help you to get rid of dandruff.

3. letsknow

letsknow Silver IL'ite

Use only moisturizing shampoo/conditioner. Also you can try using coconut oil

4. ManuSethi

ManuSethi Senior IL'ite

Following are some very common and effective home remedies for dandruff:

· Add six spoonfuls water, two spoonfuls pure vinegar and apply it on the scalp with cotton wool before going to bed. Tie a towel around your head to protect the pillow. Wash your hair next morning. After shampooing, rinse again with vinegar water. Continue this once a week for at least three months.
    · Mix a spoonful of lemon juice with two spoonfuls of vinegar and massage on the scalp. Wash your hair with an egg shampoo after this.
    · Beat two eggs and add two tablespoons of water to it. Wet the hair and apply the egg mixture over the hair. Now massage your scalp and let the mixture on for ten minutes to fifteen minutes. Then rinse the hair with lukewarm water. This will keep both dandruff and hair fall problem away from you.

5. ziesha001

ziesha001 Junior IL'ite

Regular Massaging with Basic Oils

Regular massaging of the scalp with lukewarm oil helps to stimulate the hair follicles. This is also an easy way to cure like dandruff and fungal infections. Regular massaging increases the blood circulation in the scalp. It is also useful for lowering anxiety or stress that is often the underlying reason for thinning of hair. Recommended oils for 3 to 4 times-a-week massaging schedule includes coconut oil. You can alternate this with mustard oil. Keep the oil on for at least six hours before washing it off with a mild shampoo. Other oils that can be mixed with coconut oil in trace amounts for faster results include almond oil.

6. Arshi09

Arshi09 New IL'ite

hey, one very simple thing you can try is after shampooing your hair, just take half mug of tap water, put half a lemon into it and rub it on your hair and scalp....This will condition your hair and automatically will stop dandruff.....Lemon is a very useful thing to stop dandruff and hair falls etc...try it and lemme know.

7. KajalK

KajalK Bronze IL'ite

hi Riddhima,
    I had tried lot of home remedies but they had short term effect, as soon as I stopped it, dandruff was back. I also went to a salon for some expensive treatment (hf) but all this was useless plus the treatment led to more hairfall.
    Also my doc prescribed some dandruff oil which did not work,but later she prescribed another oil - DANO (Dr. JRK's Siddha Pharma) and only after using it 2-3 times dandruff was gone and touchwood its not back yet. I used the oil 2 months back. You can apply it for an hour and wash it off. I use to apply at night and wash it in the morning. Its non-sticky and can be used on daily basis as well. Give it a try...may be it can help.
    Regards,
    Kajal

1 person likes this.
  8. vidhu86

vidhu86 Junior IL'ite

I do have hair loss issues. My hair is very thin now. And i do not have dandruff issues too. What could be the reason for it. My doctor suggested me to take iron tablets for hair loss, but still no better results. Pls suggest me some good ways for hair regrowth.

9. Akg27

Akg27 New IL'ite

Hi,

I used to have a lot of hair fall problem as well. I tried the following remedies:

Make a paste of onion and squeeze out the water. Apply the onion water on the roots /scalp only. On the remaining length of the hair, you can apply oil. Rinse after 30 mins. Repeat this for about 2 months and you should be able to see lesser hairfall.

For re growth:
    Make a paste of banana, mustard oil, 1tsp honey and curd. Apply from roots to tip of hair. Leave for an hour and then either take steam or wrap hot towel around your hair and then rinse your hair. Repeat this for 4-5 months and definitely you should be able to see re-growth.

All the very best...

10. Akg27

Akg27 New IL'ite

Just want to add to my previous post: do not take steam for onion remedy . After you feel hair fall is controlled, then start applying re-growth pack before hair wash