1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Home Makers, Where Do You Get That Motivation From?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by SRK123, Jan 19, 2017.

1. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

Hi dear ladies

Being a stay at home mom, some days are good and some days are bad in terms of my mood.. it all depends on how clean the house is.. cooking, dishwasher, cleaning, keeping a toddler busy, giving time to my 9 year old.. these are the various things which i do like any other home maker. Decision to be a home maker (till my kids start school)is mine..nobody forced me and i have no regrets but its hard on my moods.. Not that i have too much to do.. just that i dont feel motivated to do..
    I love cooking, spending time with kids( no tv at home so lots of my attention goes there), taking walks with them, but cleaning the mess i keep postponing(i get a chance to do it only when little one sleeps and its clashing with me-time ), and it builds up into a huge messy house, dishes not done, clothes not washed, and i never fold clothes, always pile them in laundry boxes. most of it inside second bedroom.I even dont buy too many clothes for me and children because its not easy to maintain too many clothes. We have enough clothes for daily usage and party wear. I hardly fold them.. just they are heaped into the laundry boxes.. My husband does dishes sometimes and i do dishes sometimes.. sometimes i even skip the dishes one day. all this not because i dont have time.. i have my very easy to follow schedule in place. but i waste all the time by being lazy and browsing internet. because im bored of doing these things and nothing is interesting. i just dont do anything some days just sitting and browsing randomly.. basically i only do it when it gets really very messy. i dont want to be like this but there is no energy level.. lack of motivation for me. My husband is very supporting, nobody here complains my children are not even troubling children.. they are very adjusting and well behaved ones. Have seen people maintaining houses very clean.. wonder how they do it? Are they very interested in these things? i dont get it.. or is it just a phase for me with little ones.. though im enjoying every bit of it.. everyone at home is very happy otherwise.. But just that i dont do cleaning and laundry until the last minute..