1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Home maker vs Working woman- Who is Great? and Who do you like to be?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Keet, Feb 1, 2015.

Who is great? Home maker or Working Woman

1. Homemaker

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  2. Working Woman

30 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. Both are equal

68 vote(s)
    63.6%
  1. Mohithe

Mohithe New IL'ite

Working women or home maker both dedicate her life to the family so both stands equal ..

2. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

@Indubalram

Before you say anything like this I suggest you get your statistics right. By openly stating such harsh comments you're hurting so many good women in this forum. I am not sure how many people came and told you that they are depressed or taken for granted.

Agreed you are working and managing home very well but that does not make you empowered women or happy women more than a home maker. Do you have a super power to peak into their brains to see if they are depressed? Every choice a women makes, has a reason behind it and she would have thought through it thoroughly and be happy with it. You seem too judgmental to me and its definitely makes me concerned on what you would be thinking about your friends who chose to be the CEO & CFO of their homes. Why cant a women or Man as a matter of fact increase their knowledge base for their own use? Why is it always needed that the education should be put to use?

With so many people stating each and every point very clearly, I am not sure what else you need to think open mindedly and agree that each women is great in whatever they do and that they are contributing to the society and family in their own way.

Thungaravana yezhupalam ana thungara mathiri nadikaran paru..... romba kashtam

yellowmango, nb25, sdiva20 and 3 others like this.
  3. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

We women never take positive things out of things. Those days, I remember my pati saying and my mom saying, in our family father would not like us studying or going out of the house after a certain age. Those days they used to blame the male for restricting us to the 4 walls. Now when women are given full freedom and encouragement still we like to get restricted between 4 walls and forget our individuality.

If you see in most of 10th std and 12th std results girls are no 1. They stand first academically. I wonder were do these girls go after that. Why are they not seen doing something for the society. When there are many Indra Nooyi hiding somewhere inside.

Women why should they blame marriage as a point of full stop to their individuality.
    Naan thungravangle yeipa pakirein!thinkingsmiley

4. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

I've seen a lot of depressed working women who'd rather be happy homemakers, raising their kids full time; I've seen a lot of working women who've given up their jobs in order to come out of their depression of not being able to give their 100% to their young children and budding families. I've seen a lot of working women who feel that they've had to make certain sacrifices in life because of continuing their work/career. I've seen a lot of working women who aspire to be homemakers ultimately, as that is where their happiness lies. Working doesn't work for everyone just like homemaking doesn't work for everyone.

I'm glad I took a break from work after I had my baby or else I would've been one depressed and miserable working woman. It worked for me. And that's what counts.

1 person likes this.
  5. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

I understand that you left your job for raising your kids. I have seen women who are depressed working. Im not talking about them Im saying women who can balance both as home makers and work are the one's im talking about.

6. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

First you decided what your own SIL should have been doing - now you're also deciding the lives of the sister and SIL of @Nriincal !

@indubalram - how many more women's lives do you want to judge and decide?

I've been a homemaker for the past 7-8 years and I have NEVER felt that I have not contributed to my family or society and I've never felt depressed or taken for granted ! Whether working or not, I made all financial decisions and most other decisions at home and my views were always welcomed and valued at both parents and inlaws !!

And even if some one didnt agree or insulted me or disrespected me, it has had nothing to do with my working-non-working state :)

If you're interested you can check the thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/268089-extras-by-women.html for many many women whether homemakers or working, how much they contribute to their families and the society!

Life doesnt stop after marriage for most women - they are building the next generation - and also using whatever education, means and comforts they have, they ARE building happiness and contentment for their world !

Just because YOU dont see that doesnt mean they are not doing anything "meaningful"

Now, can you tell me how you're using your education to make a difference to the society - that would be a much better post than your generalized sweeping statements !

5 people like this.
  7. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

No @Indubalram, you dont have to work to get confidence. Confidence has nothing to do with working.

8. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Indu- Have you played or follow any team sports? I love cricket so can I give you an analogy? Cricket for most part is a batsman's game and ever child starts with wanting to be a batsman. But soon some realize that they are exceptional at fast bowling or spinning or fielding or wicket keeping is what they enjoy. Soon everyone starts to choose the area of expertise based on talent and interest. Now think about a team with more specialized batsman and no good bowlers or fielders or wicket keeper vs a well balanced team where each member complements another's strengths and weakness. Who do you think will win more games?

Marriage is a team sports where husband and wife complement each other. How they do that if up to them. Not any outsider's business. Yes not even his parents or hers. Certainly not the society's.

You have no idea about the dynamics or situation in another individual's home so how is it fair that you judge them? If a working woman is so overwhelmed with home and office that she feels she is a superwoman doing it all, maybe she needs to sit with her husband and talk him and stress that he needs to more involved and contribute more for their team. I am just saying that the women need to resolve their situation at her own home instead of thinking someone else (another woman is not doing enough in hers).

5 people like this.
  9. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Indu believes working woman is better so why every one is trying to change her opinion . She is entitled to her opinion . Why go on telling her same thing in different ways and why she needs to agree to all .let her be .

10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

She can state her view and leave it there. The minute she starts dishing out unwanted advice to people who made a different choice she has invited the debate herself. For her, she maybe getting respect only by making money. That's not the case with everyone. Belittling others by calling them depressed and wanting more out of life is not stating her opinion. It's plain disrespectful.

8 people like this.