1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Home maker vs Working woman- Who is Great? and Who do you like to be?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Keet, Feb 1, 2015.

Who is great? Home maker or Working Woman

1. Homemaker

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  2. Working Woman

30 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. Both are equal

68 vote(s)
    63.6%
  1. tarasharma

tarasharma Gold IL'ite

@Shanvy

Ma'am, you have amazing insight and business acumen. I am sure that given your insight you would succeed at any business you touch.

1 person likes this.
  2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

@Shanvy

Thanks... It was so nice of you to help an orphan like this. I have helped many orphans like this. But not out of my pocket. My organization helps through local agencies. I just refer these ppl there.

As you said network is very important. Fortunately I have it here. That is one of the reason that I never wanted to leave my country.
    Perhaps my working with people, church groups and the long-fat families of us help a lot.

I have found 5 drivers initially. All are my brothers ex- minor staff, and their close relatives. We knew there whereabouts already. I hired a retired person, also related to us to manage them. I also arranged the fueling and service/maintenance work on credit system by negotiating with local vendors. So, it was hard for them to cheat.

As for their pay, it is paid monthly, but their leave days are counted and pays will be deducted accordingly.
    It is not adhoc driving, but mainly for School hires and staff transport for certain govt offices.
    Also, my new plan is to run on-call service. people can call the hot-line no to book this service. A driver will be sent to the location.

No money is paid directly to the driver expect his monthly salary.

3 people like this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@SGBV even before you gave me your reply , i had a inkling, from your job at the place you mentioned somewhere here, and the community, the church and the area of operation, you should be having a solid backup.., and i did not mention them, because it was not my deductions to be discussed based on my assumptions from your replies.

all the best..

1 person likes this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Aww no baloon kho pulao math!!!! (don't blow up the baloon ), no acumen..now let my dh not read this, as he always believes i should be doing something and i tell him, i don't have the energy to start now..moreover i have different priorities in life.

5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Yup, I remember mentioning this somewhere here before. I work for the French Embassy here. Earlier, I used to work for the welfare programs so had a great opportunity to work with people in need. Now that I am moved to the immigration section though.

6. Nriincal

Nriincal Senior IL'ite

Your views are very very lopsided.
    how do you know if homemakers are not doing anything? She needs to teach kids otherwise she is good for nothing?? What if she is teaching her kids, art, craft...that's not good enough?
    And why do you want to bring a change in me?? If that's what you meant. Do you know me? I must say you need to change your views.
    i reiterate....all women are great working outside or at home.

my SIL (BIL's wife) is a biomed engineer. A 10th, 12th topper. After her marraige she decided to be a homemaker. I asked her one day, do you repent your decision of not having a profession outside home, she said she finds satisfaction with her family doing well. She doesn't need to prove anyone but herself to be truly happy. And her mom is working woman nearing retirement.

My Sister on the other hand was not satisfied until she got a well paying govt job in India. She kept appearing for the national exams until she cracked it. All this after marriage and two kids. . She went to the extremes of keeping her children away from her at our mom's house so she can concentrate on her studies.

I have seen these two very extreme examples in my family, but in my heart I respect both for having the guts to choose what they felt was right, and not going by the social norms.

4 people like this.
  7. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

My dear I never said that if you earn more than what your spouse earned would give you confidence.I said a women would be happy if she s able to manage both i.e a good home maker and a working women. If both go well then a women need nothing else. She will be happy and keep the home and loved once happy. Full time home makers (Pl. take this from me they are very good no doubt on that at all) they do have it in back of their mind that they are taken for granted, they are depressed and they have a feeling that they had to do certain sacrifices to keep the family happy.

Im sorry if I have hurt anyone. But that was not my intention.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@indubalram, i have been a full time stay at home mom for not just one or two years almost 20 years, i am not even going to use the word home maker, and take it from me, that i have never had the feeling that i have not worked, nor that i am making sacrifices for the family. and i have never been depressed because i am not working. as i said earlier, i believe my family is a team and we chose our roles as would benefit my family dynamics and believe me, we are happy that each of us is able to do what we chose to do happily.

so that is again a sweeping statement and i object to these kind of statements.

5 people like this.
  9. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Exactly! this is what Im saying. Had your SIL had chosen to be a working women (yes agreed she says she is happy being home maker)She would have given a lot to the world since she is so brilliant. Dont you think world need such women. Why in the name of being married choose to be a home maker.

I do appreciate your sisters willingness to go to such extent but I deeply feel she should not have left family for her career. Balancing both is the challenge. Not choosing the extremes.

10. Mohithe

Mohithe New IL'ite

Working women or home maker both dedicate her life to thr family so both stands equal ..