Home made Soya milk and Tofu (Soya paneer) recipe

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by manjubashini, Sep 24, 2013.

1. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

I am excited to share soya milk and Tofu(Soya paneer) recipe......... Which i made for the first time and it's a great hit in my home. Even though its little time taking process gives lots of satisfaction and also saves money. I learnt to make Soya milk here and to make Tofu here. I exactly followed the same steps in those videos.

I would to love to share the recipe too.
    Wash and soak 1 1/2 cup of soya beans overnight . The next day, discard the water and rinse the soybeans a few times. Remove the soybean skins as much as you can. (this is the tedious part of this recipe).
    Blend the soya beans into a paste. Transfer the blended soybeans and 2 ltrs of water into a stock pot. Bring the soybean mixture to boil on medium heat. Stir occasionally to avoid the soybeans from sticking to the bottom of the pot. When ithe milk starts boiling you see some foam remove those...Turn off the heat once the soy milk is done. Use a cloth to filter out the soybean milk . Squeeze the residue and make sure that all soy milk is fully extracted. It yielded 2 1/2 litres of milk.

To make Tofu add juice of 2 lemons to 2 litres of milk and strain it to make paneer as usual or mould paneer in a square box with holes ... it was easy to dice in pieces in cubes.

The remaining residue after extracting milk is known as okara and its also edible. I mixed 1/2 cup of okara to 1 1/2 cup of whole wheat atta and made rotis they were too soft.

Here are the pictures of Tofu i made......... i forgot to take photo of milk.next time i will add it for sure.

tofu1.jpg

tofu2.jpg

22 people like this.

2. melon123

melon123 IL Hall of Fame

wow manju.. tofu looks better than what I get in stores here... u r all rounder han...

2 people like this.
  3. manjubashini

Melon tofu looks better in shape and also cost wise also its better. almost only i have spent around 300 baizas including fuel that's 3 dhs but in lulu it's 1.5 riyals its 15 dhs. better isnt it. My son was too happy yester to have home made tofu which i served him without any ration.

1 person likes this.
  4. anjanag

anjanag Platinum IL'ite

Wow Manju! Tofu looks super!

1 person likes this.
  5. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

wow thanks manju for the recipe..........

1 person likes this.
  6. manjubashini

Thanks anjana Try this out when you are free.

7. manjubashini

Thanks Aruna Try out this soon and feedback.

8. anjanag

anjanag Platinum IL'ite

Will do. This looks interesting. How was the taste/texture? Any different from store brought?

9. manjubashini

Tastes better than shop bought (my son's comment). i didnt even get the nutty flavour (as i removed the skin completely)sometimes which i do get it shop bought milk and Tofu . It was more softer than dairy paneer.

10. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

wowww Manju Tofu looks very nice dear...better than shop brought, as it will not have preservatives...thanks for sharing recipe dear...

1 person likes this.