Home made remedy for increasing breast milk

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by JayaJ, Sep 25, 2007.

1. JayaJ

JayaJ Senior IL'ite

for mothers

Dear ladies,

i have a queer problem. Mine is a love marriage and our sex life was going good till my delivery (baby girl). Post my delivery, i dont enjoy sex life at all though i love my husband a lot. i dunno what is the problem. I do get sexual urges but its not like pre-delivery. The times when my husband wants an active night life i dont feel like it, i dont get turned on. it was not like this before my delivery. i used to enjoy it and was an active partner.

has some1 else here gone through this problem? can some1 explain what is happening to me?

would appreciate some sensible replies.

thanks.

2. pretty

pretty New IL'ite

Re: for mothers

hi there,
    this is all common and happens with every mother.it takes some time to get through it.after few months everythig will be normal.try to spend more time with ur hubby and talk more abt ur lovwelife before u r into the act.good luck.
    bye
    pretty.

3. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

Re: for mothers

Hi This is quite normal. It takes a while for the hormones to get stabilised. Dont panic, have patience and talk about it to your husband. You will get over it with his support.

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

post-birth food diet practices

Hello friends and moms-to-be, no this thread does not belong to post-pregnancy forum! it's understandable that we'll all get busy soon after birth so i thought why not we share now the special foods that each family gives the new mom:) i mean for the first month or so. here i'll try to recollect what all my mom gave me and later on update whenever something is remembered... do share your thoughts too:) i come from tamilnadu and am a brahmin. don't mistake that i'm mentioning my caste here.
    i'm sure each region, state and caste in India have their own diet formulas:) so no offences please!
    for the first month the rice is cooked very soft (not like pulao rice). lots of ghee is given to regain the strength lost.
    tuvar dal is supposed to be gassy and heat generating so only mung dal in rasam etc.,
    koottu ( a medley of dal and vegetables with coconut in general and other seasonings on normal days) is made only with
    what we call country vegetables like snake-gourd, ridge-gourd etc., and no coconut. only pepper-cumin seasoning.
    no pickles, fried items.
    no potatoes and 'english' vegetables like carrot, cauliflower, green beans. spinach is also avoided and introduced slowly after 15 days.
    no raw vege salads.
    no coffee (sigh), tea
    garlic is added (lots) in rasam to facilitate milk flow and also to remove any gas from the body.
    no outside food (i broke the rule once and my baby cried coz of tummy ache one whole day).
    and apart from food we get some ayurvedic legiyam (like chayavanaprash) to help the uterus contract fast to its original form
    and regulate periods... this is had before food every day morning and then a glass of milk.
    this is all i can recollect now. looking forward to the practices at your homes:) LATHA

5. cathy

cathy Senior IL'ite

Re: post-birth food diet practices

Good start Traveller!!

Though i have ZERO knowledge on this,I am very eager to know about this..

I am also from T.Nadu.Also i hope my mom will also do the same when she comes here for my delivery :)

Take care.
    -Cathy

6. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear friend,
    i am north indian.here we believe that in 1st ten days mother can eat anything as this way the baby gets used to variety of food.after 10 days its usually light food like mung dal,ghiya veg etc with lots of pure ghee.also ,we make a sweet dish called pinjari which is given to mother with milk.its very fattening full of fried nuts.
    after my 1st delivery i took all the traditionally recommended food.the result was that when i went for my after delivery checkup after 6 weeks my Hb level was low.i had not lost even a kg weight & was suffering from piles.doc got very angry.he put me on low fat ,sugar less diet.also he recommended lots of fruits ,water & spinach soup which till then i was told to avoid by elders of family.
    this time round i am not going to follow any traditional food recommendation & will go for wahtever the doc suggests.
    to u ladies also i will suggest .follow tradition but do listen to doc also.
    love
    pragati

RealisticMe and ForumLady like this.
  7. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

dear pragati, i agree with what you say. these days our lifestyle, medical interventions etc., are much advanced than olden days so we don't need to follow these things exactly. my mom infact made lots of changes to my diet combining modern aspects well after checking with my doc. for ex in my mom's time new moms were not given water to drink throughout the day because of the belief that it'll cause water retention. my mil insisted that on my sil and she developed severe urinary infection which her doc said was coz of her less water intake. this is a valuable point from your experience. latha

RealisticMe and ForumLady like this.
  8. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Good thread traveller.

For first time moms like me, this was very useful information. I am also a tamil brahmin, so i guess most of the things my mom also would be giving me when she comes here.

Everything except ghee is ok with me I dont like ghee at all...But if I resist, everyone will start giving me all the goodness of ghee bonk

9. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Remedies for Sore/Cracked Nipples while Breast feeding

Hi all

Hope all are doing good.
    I have few questions and i need ur help reg that.

Can i switch the brand of formula for my baby. He is 2 weeks old. I was using Enfamil Lipil with Iron so far, can i alternatively give another brand like similac or other enfamil varieties? Will it affect the baby in any way.

Also i am breast feeding him. But my nipples are too painful where i cudnt continue feeding him continously. So i give him formula too. Is it ok?

Any remedies for reducing the pain in my nipples, it seems to be cracked and tooo painful in such a way i cudnt touch it or even if a piece of cloth rubs slightly, its very painful. I think positioning the baby is not proper, but we had problems in breast feeding, he didnt latch on properly, i was not expressing earlier, i had C- section and he was in NICU and so on...... Now i am expressing milk, i was pumping, using nipple shield before he started to latch on, but for past 3 days he latches on me, but i am getting lots of pain even while he is sucking and also after that.

PLEASE HELP ME. IT WOULD BE SO GRATEFUL.

Also i have not completely recovered from my surgery, my incision is opened a little and its infected, i am under treatment now.

Thanks in advance

10. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Need urgent help plssssss

Hi Sanravi,
    What a co-incidence!!
    I was thinking about you just few mins back and was wondering how u r doing with your preg.
    It looks like you had a baby.
    Congrats!!.

~Punitha

1 person likes this.