1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Home Made Baby Food

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by tejudatla, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Dolly, having used food chopper, mixer/grinder and hand blender, I strongly recommend hand blender. I use it all the time to puree home made fruits and veggies for our daughter. The one I use is Cuisinart SmartStick and I ordered it from Amazon.com

Raj

2. Dolly_Lite

Dolly_Lite Bronze IL'ite

3. shalusaini

shalusaini New IL'ite

4. pranavi

pranavi New IL'ite

my baby will be 5 months old in 2 weeks i have started with solids upon peditrician recommendation.

as per her recommendation i am giving gerber organic veggie purree and fruit pures havent introdcuced cereal's yet.
    its been a week that i started solids for my baby.

now am thinking to make the purees homemade
    am thimking to buy cuisine art smart stick blender it has good reviews in amazon and even here i see riamommy has good things to say about the blender.

until what age should i blend the food .accordingly i want to think whether to invest in it or not?as we will be moving to india when my kid turns 1 year old.

can i take the same blender to india will it work there?

any reviews on handblenders let me know what all vegies i can give him and how did you steam the food.

i already saw wholesomebabyfood link but i want to know from indian mom's how they make it and what veggies they ave used

5. umathiru

umathiru Silver IL'ite

Hi

Thks for the idea & tips. Everyday also think what to cook for
    my nine month baby boy. Lucky found the site.

6. Axelle09

Axelle09 New IL'ite

I know food is very essential for the baby. But to grow your baby's sleep is also very important, and how to allow baby to sleep safely. I recently read an article about baby monitors very nice, article named best baby monitor and here is the link Best Baby Monitor 2017 | Best Baby Monitor Review And Buying Guide, a very good article I want people to read together to care Care be the most thoughtful

7. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

I used normal rice not basmathi. Sona masuri...fry rice in a kadhai. Cook it with more water. Mash it with a spoon when hot. Add daal, a little ghee, Tomato rasam. It is perfect. Same method with yogurt... cooked vegetables on the side of the plate. They like to eat piece by piece picking with hand and chew. After he got used to this he did not like ready made baby food any more. Because that is bland. This has taste....some tanginess and taste of fresh food is always good. Ready.made baby food is o.k. for traveling.
    Syamala

sindmani likes this.
  8. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

Rice+moong dal khichadi

1 cup rice, half cup yellow moong dal, half cup green split moong dal(chilkewali dal), 5 to 6 peppercorns, small about an inch of cinnamon stick, 2 teaspoons of hing, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon neeta and coriander seeds

Wash rice and dal separately. Let it air dry for day or two (spread it on white muslin cloth). Dry roast this air-dried rice and dal separately until pink or aromatic. Dry roast jeera and corriander seeds, cinnamon, peppercorns.
    Once they cool down grind it to a coarse powder to the consistency of sooji. While growing itself add hing turmeric powder roasted spices. Keep it in airtight container.

Preparing the khichadi
    Take 1 tablespoon of this powder add 1 cup or 4 ounces of water add a pinch of send ha namak and let it boil for 3 to 4 minutes. You can add pureed veggies to it too.

sindmani likes this.
  9. samhita2029

samhita2029 Senior IL'ite

Like aspha said , i too prepare the coarse powder with air dry rice. The consistency of the powder changes acoording to the age of the child. I use this powder only to prepare lunch and dinner. Boil adequate amount of water then mix this rice powder. Let it cook properly. Then i'll add mashed arhar dal and veggies with little salt, seasoning , pepper powder or chilli powder and ghee ofcourse.