1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Home Colors According To Vaastu

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by hasa, Feb 12, 2008.

1. hasa

hasa New IL'ite

<!--[endif]-->
    <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1026" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=" " style='width:.75pt;height:.75pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://living.oneindia.in/img/trans.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->​
    Colors according to Vaastu Shastra play a vital role in bringing balance to our minds as well as bodies and to stimulate our energy. Therefore colours in one home should be coordinated with the colours of respective planets and elements associated with different directions. This will help in enhancing the energy flow around every individual in the house. Here are some guidelines on particular colours, which will help you to choose the right Vaastu colours for every room.

Red: The colour red represents power and bravery. It is the most dramatic, emotional and active color comparing to other two primary colors blue and yellow. It is known for evoking a seductive atmosphere of passion and desire. With its versatile effect it enlivens the interior space by creating excitement, warmth and elegance.

<!-- Google Script Start -->It should not be used in bedrooms because of its energizing quality, although some red can be used to enhance sensuality. It can also be exhausting or overpowering and stressful for those who are anxious.

<st1:city><st1:place>Orange</st1:place></st1:city>: This color inspires spirituality as it represents transcendence and an otherworldly aspect. It encourages happy, joyful and social gatherings.

An orange colored dining room will help to stimulate good appetite. So, if you want to enhance parties, communication, positive feelings and cheerfulness in your daily living, Paint your dining room or living room in orange. Peach can also be used as it gives a cool effect.

Yellow: Yellow color nurtures mental alertness and clarity of mind. It represents sunlight. Remember, if a room gets direct sunlight; do not paint the walls with yellow or peach.

Choose its placement with care, as it is bright and very energizing. However this color inspires intellectual clarity, comprehensible associations, articulate thinking and joyful energy. For prayer room, yellow or sandal wall colors are just perfect. It is a recommended color for the logical left side of the brain. It is intellectually beneficial and you might use it with yellow accents instead of painting each wall yellow.

Green: This color represents nature. Green helps in bringing a harmonious atmosphere that generates calm and inner peace with an energizing quality within the house.

It brings balanced harmony, quick healing and rejuvenation to a room. It can be used as a calming place for people who are disturbed or in need of refreshment. Today most of the hospitals use it because of its quick healing aspects. It can also be used in study room as it enhances intelligence.

2. MrignayniBansal

MrignayniBansal Senior IL'ite

Hi!
    I am going to shift new apartment this weekend.I like these colorful ideas.I wud enjoy to use some of them.

3. vsvrs

vsvrs Senior IL'ite

HI, when the colours are loud,the light has to be low!Use shadow lighting to add drama to your room. :-D SARLA

4. srirangani

srirangani New IL'ite

My room color is green, my hall color is bage and the rest of the house is blue! We have wierd color combinations. But that's because we got to choose our own color for our domains :D But the information from you regarding colors and vaastu is interesting. Thank you!

5. reshmirn

reshmirn Bronze IL'ite

Hi Hasa,
    I think I can make use of this in our new home..Thanx for this interesting piece of information shared.
    Reshmi

6. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Hasa,

Thank you for the information.Regarding colors and vaastu is interesting. :idea

Thank you!

7. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for sharing it with us...

8. smileypooja

smileypooja Senior IL'ite

Hi Hasa..

How are you?hope your doing good...It shows that you have taken lots of patience:thumbsup to share this information with us...will try when i take a new flat...thank you.

pooja.:)