1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Holistic Education??!

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by arthidiva, Sep 17, 2010.

1. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

I dont know if this thread title suggests what I want to know more about but these days I see diff methods of learning/ educating being intorduced or lets say re-discovered..

I read this article - The Hindu : Life & Style : Latha Rajinikanth's dreams for 'little people'

I found it interesting that some people (those authorised to runs schools) do believe that mainstream education/ exams/ marks/ topping the class/ etc isnt everything.. education is much more than learning from the book and the specified syllabus.. Various popular schools have not yet ventured into the other side of education - like the Holistic education that the newer schools are focussing on.. but still the society is seeking admissions only in those popular schools.. and feel sorry for those children who have not got thru into those schools..

this is my case too.. my DS goes to a school which emphasises on Holistic education and I find him emotionally attached to the school.. meaning he knows that is his place.. he belongs there.. he loves to go to school.. he relates to his teachers.. he plays at the same time he learns a lot of things that any mainstream school is teaching for that age. Such schools are more fun than mainstream schools.. Mommies, pls through some light on such diff education systems or call it styles.. have you ever felt the need for holistic education or is you child already in such an environment, how is he/ she enjoying it? Lets discuss and get enlightened abt this Indian school system..

Mod, may be there are threads discussing this.. if so, pls merge this if you think thats appropriate..

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for sharing this info here.
    I do agree with you, there should be Holistic Education.