1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Holiday Card Making Contest!!! 2013

Discussion in 'Kids Korner' started by Rakhii, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Is it mid December already? It really is Christmas is less than 2 weeks! Are we really entering 2014 in a couple of weeks?! It totally sneaked up on me and I haven’t even bought a card for my husband, friends and all the near and dear ones! Sounds familiar eh?

How about we ask our little kids to make the cards this year for a change, instead of the usual store bought one’s? Can there be anything more personalized than a handmade card? Can anything else make a parent or a grandparent happier than receiving a handmade card from their darling child?
    card1.jpg card3.jpg
    So, here is a contest open for all of you to showcase you child’s creativity during this festival season. The contest “Holiday Card Making Contest” is open from 20[SUP]th[/SUP] December 2013 to 10thJanuary 2014. Kids can make cards on Christmas/New Year/Winter Holidays.

Maybe you want to cuddle your LO in front of the fire place and help him/her make a card? For the lucky ones in warmer climates, maybe you want to have a small picnic in the nearby park and let the child pick an inspiration from the sights around for the card? May be 3D card with little stones/leaves stuck on a card? Maybe your little one is no longer too little and is in teens and he/she actually made a digital photo card with some special effects ALL by him-herself? Maybe she is an artist and can paint a card?!!

Whatever it is, encourage the kid and help them (if need be) to make a card!

Some points to remember:

• An IL-ite can post only ONE entry with a picture of their card.
    • The material for the card can be bought outside but the final product/assembly should be done by-hand.
    • No pictures of ILites or their family members showing in the card.
    • Entries should be posted in this thread to qualify. Do not start new threads. No links to threads or personal albums.
    • No direct copy-pasting from external source.
    • Pictures with Facebook, Personal blog details, water marks will be disqualified.
    • Winning entry will be selected by a Panel of judges.
    • For New Ilites who do not have access to upload attachments, please send in your attachments at contest@indusladies.com with the Subject line as: Holiday Card Making Contest with the attachment, please mention your IL username and the post # in the contest thread wherein you confirmed that you have send the attachment/image at IL contest mail.
    • Please resize the attachments and not attach them directly from your phone/camera.

Open the doors to your child’s creativity! Share the joy! Share the pictures of the card with us!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
    8 people like this.

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I find that making cards is a great way to have a creative session with the children and these cards can be put to good “use” too. So this is a great way to make someone smile, as well as getting crafty.And whats even better is your child will get an attractive prize if they win this contest.:)
    Looking forward to your responses ladies.

2 people like this.
  3. draji05

draji05 Gold IL'ite

Its really a wonderful context for kids. I wonder, how I missed to see this post.. Eager to see all our kids creativity on cards...

2 people like this.
  4. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Here is my DD`s creation! She decorated the Christmas tree with color sequins
    and the gift boxes are her own idea.

Attached Files:

13 people like this.
  5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

:thumbsup:
    Thats a very cute looking card.Neatly made.
    So how old is your daughter?

1 person likes this.
  6. Rakhii

Its beautiful Vidhya!

1 person likes this.
  7. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi Dinny,
    My DD is 7 years old. She spends most of her time in drawing something.

1 person likes this.
  8. homemaker

homemaker Platinum IL'ite

Hi...happy to share our(myself and my daughter who is 3.7 yrs old)greeting card...
    When I see this contest I told my daughter we will do a greeting card,but afterwards busy with holidays,so i totally forget about it...but my daughter kept on saying,come ma we will do it,we will do greeting card.

But i really doubt whether she knew what is a greeting card,then today she made me to sit down.Then I explained her when and what occasion we give a greeting card. she was so anxious to carry all the accessories for greeting cards..she loves my pattern edged scissors,so she started to cut the color papers,but she didnt know how to get through till the end of the paper,so she will start cutting I will finish it off.She scribbled some glitter glue too...Then I assembled it,final result is for your views.how is it???

gc 006.JPG

8 people like this.
  9. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Awww thats so cute!!

homemaker...the little imperfections in the card are a proof that your daughter enjoyed making the card:)

2 people like this.
  10. Rakhii

That is sooo beautiful homemaker! Loved the card.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.