1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Hobby Ideas For Senior Citizens

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Vijit, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Vijit

Vijit New IL'ite

My mom has severe pain all the time. I want to divert her mind from pain by engaging her in something which is easy to do sitting in her bed or chair and requires minimal effort to her organs. Please share how your elder ones keep themselves occupied and cope up with old age. Television is a great friend but it is not good if viewed continuously. Looking for other ideas apart from that.

pinkinaresh likes this.

2. ksuji

ksuji Gold IL'ite

Get her good some novels of her coice.
    Request her close friends to visit her , talk for sometime , twice or thrice a week , though not daily .
    She can engage herself in doing some embroidery or crochet work .
    You can get her a smart phone and ask her to write in Indusladies , very safe site ; she has abundant choice of forums and threads.
    She can take tuition for school children .
    If she knows music , let her take music / Bhajan classes .
    If interested let her learn drawing , available in net, and teach little children to draw .
    Is it sufficient ?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. heenamk

heenamk New IL'ite

A friend's mom took up sketching and drawing and now is fully immersed in it. I feel it's great to keep the mind agile, and the satisfaction of creating something is self evident..which is great!

4. Thangakkodam

Thangakkodam New IL'ite

If your mom is interested in drawing rangolis, she can draw a kolam each day on a white paper and file them every day. You get her nice felt pens of different colours. It will refresh her and give her definitely a sense of satisfaction. She need not strain herself much.

Thyagarajan and umaakumar like this.