Hing ll interrupt conception?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by SSSMagic, Feb 22, 2012.

1. SSSMagic

SSSMagic Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends..
    Is Hing interrupt conception??

2. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Magic, hing helps in increasing progesterone level also cures PCOS I was also taking hing before conception. Please see this site
    Sakthi Foundation - Pancha Bhoota Healing, it has many benefits.

I hope others can also shed some light about hing :)

3. RagaPrasanna

RagaPrasanna Platinum IL'ite

I think its just another myth. Hing in no way will affect conception. Its in fact good for health.

4. SSSMagic

SSSMagic Bronze IL'ite

5. BelCanto

BelCanto Senior IL'ite

thanks for the link pumpkin.. it contains some useful info bout Hing.. i might try mixing Hing with milk or 41 days to see if it helps with my pcos

6. BelCanto

BelCanto Senior IL'ite

How did you all respond to Hing. I tried hing with milk in the mornings for 4 days and could not continue further.. I think it generated too much heat in my body.. pls tell me how did it go for you all ??

7. reshma2010

reshma2010 Bronze IL'ite

I heard hing causes heat to our body. But not sure though. We use hing in cooking as it helps digestion and i am not sure of other benefits. If u want to have hing, you can have it with buttermilk instead of milk.

8. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

I agree with Reshma. We go through at least one 100g box of Hing ever month. Its easier consumed that way, with regular food. And yes, buttermilk and a pinch of hing, with a pinch of salt is the best!! Summer days, this is our usual drink, at least twice a day to keep cool. Try it dear, maybe half a glass a day, just for a few days though. Should work to help cool you.

Also hing controls gas in the tummy. If you feel too gassy and bloated after a heavy meal, we usually have this buttermilk with hing. If you want to make it more interesting, put a bunch of curry leaves in a mixer, along with a tiny bit of green chili, hing, salt, couple of table spoons of thick curd and water. Blend together and drink..It's super yummy.

Another natural coolant is Fenugreek seeds. In Tamil it is Venthayam and in Hindi it is Methi. Soak a pinck (say 10 to 12 seeds) in a small cup of curd for about an hour and drink up. But be careful, it can be too cool for some. Can cause a cold. If you feel your body has developed too much heat, take this once a day for about 2 to 3 days and see how it goes. Should help.

9. BelCanto

BelCanto Senior IL'ite

thanks tanoshii and reshma.. sure i will try it with buttermilk. I was mainly looking at hing to help me with pcos..
    i am also taking fenugreek seeds everyday, i have read in many posts that it helps with pcos..

1 person likes this.