1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hilarious stage experience

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka Raghavan, Aug 23, 2007.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

This happened when I was in the 4th standard.I was a member of the drama club run by the Tamil author,Vimala Ramani.The rehearsals always took place at her residence in Ram Nagar,Coimbatore.We had a long list of programs lined up and it took place in Subarban School.
    It was nearing 6 in the evening and the program started.There were couple of songs,dances.Then came the drama,an English one,in which,I was taking part.I was really excited and was planning to put up my best performance.In that drama I was the servant.Everything went as planned,till the climax.I was supposed to hand out a diamond necklace to the mistress of the household,from my pocket.When i put in my hand into pocket and held out my hand ,there was nothing!!!!!I had already delivered the dialogue.My gosh I was stunned for several minutes.There was pin drop silence in the audience.Some one from behind the stage threw the necklace.Even then I could respond quickly.It took me couple of minutes to pick it up and say something.The drama ended .I was feeling very sheepish.
    The chief guest and later on the writer herself were kind enough to say that such things do happen .They even gave me a small prize.
    I t was the talk of my household for several days.

2. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Kanaka - You seem to have experienced a lot of memorable events :lol: !

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hey Kanaka,

That must be quite a nervous stage for you.............. Now ofcourse hilarious...........