1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hilarious Incidents of the Day - Write in Friends

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Feb 20, 2008.

1. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

dear mals,

today, i was telling my husband about the bike and brake story, he was bursting out ..........but 7 years back , you know how he was shouting at me...........thank you so much for starting this thread.........as this thread gives pleasure when we think of the past memories.........those are hilarious................

i read the whole post of mine to him and he was laughing...........

love
    padma

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Padu,

You have been keeping this thread alive by posting hilarious incidents of your life which has brought laughter on all those lips which have read the posts. Thanks a ton dearie...

Your husband must be wondering "Today I knew that My wife could be dangerous too. it is not just talk always.. "Big LaughBig LaughBig Laugh.She is a dare damsel too.. Big LaughBig Laugh

3. padmavathi m

dear mals,

this incident happened 5 yrs back........in bangalore.....

i was teaching yoga to all the senior citizens in rotary club .......most of them were retired scientists from ISRO, and few well learned scholars, all aged above 60 yrs

..........there is one exercise called "14 point accupressure" where in we give pressure to all the vital points starting from the chest cavity......................so i was going on with all the points..........and simultaneously watching every person................there were nearly 30 members.............i went near a person and telling him

sir, the pancreas is here, give a pressure and concentrate on your pancreas for 1 min...........sir, the liver point is here, so give pressure.............and he went on telling, its ok ma, i know it..................i just moved to another person..........and so on......

after the classes one person came to me and told , madam, you were teaching a Dr. all the points..................Big LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig Laugh..............he is Dr. Madhavan, a professor, he is a visiting pathologist in most of the laboratories in bangalore................

though this incident made me laugh................but i stopped guessing any person with their outward looks..........yes, this doctor used to come in hawaii chappals, and a long cloth bag, came by walk...............very soft person.................Bow.........so humble...............he was 82 years old...........wanted to learn yoga and meditations

infact i searched for this thread 10 mins and posting this ...................

love
    padma

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Padu,

Dearie, you are a real chweet heart and have rib tickling incidents. I would like to just add that the people who are close to you, be it your family, friends, neighbours or relatives are very lucky. You can make people laugh.

It was very nice of you to search for the thread for 10 minutes and post the hilarious incident.

Your description of the doctor.. hawaii chappal...... hee he......e was very hilarious.

Do keep writing in,, yeah,, I need not tell, you always do...

Thanks Padu.

5. padmavathi m

dear mals............

where are you dear...........has thread closed..............so all the hilarious incidents are over i think.......

love
    padma

6. padmavathi m

dear mals,,

sorry dear , i thought you didnt notice this post...............anyhow you have noticed it
    thanks

love
    padma

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Evreyone,Computer TypingComputer TypingComputer Typing

This incident hit my head.. Lemme tell you all here..

As a kid I was very amused with HAWAII CHAPPALS !!!!. I loved the noise that it made .. cluck cluck.. when a person walks. and if he walks briskly then pluck, cluck, duck.. he he..

I have a panache for shoes and bags (till date). I cajoled my mom and pop to get me those favourite HAWAII CHAPPALS... Their eye balls popped out, "What those dirty chappals you want to wear?". I quietly gave me knod and signed my approval and sealed it too.

My mom did get me a pair with a strict warning, "Dare, you let them slip off your feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Then you HAD IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

I swallowed the little saliva I had in my mouth but was very happy to get my favorite pair.. I insisted that I wear it right away. My parents were embarrassed to see m in those chappals, but gave way to my obstinacy.
    We had to walk around 10 minutes to reach home. I still remember that I had to cross a small path gutter (which we find on the edge of the roads). This gutter was not more than a feet and half wide. I was holding my pops hand and my mom was walking ahead.. She was very angry with my purchase and I was seriously reciting my tables and ascending and descending order as I knew she is going to punish me through my lessons..
    As I came to the edge of the gutter, my pop met his friend and he left my hand he crossed the gutter chatting his way to glory with his friend and I was left to my fate. Since I always wear buckled shoes or sandals, it was easy for my to jump these small hurdles. It just skipped out of my mind, that I am wearing my favorite Chappals (hawaii), Lo!! I put my right leg safely on the other side of the gutter and the left leg also went safely to the other side but MINUS MY CHAPPAL. He he.. :hide: My hear sank and my eyes were filled with tears. How am i going to face the wrath of my parents. my pop I will be able to manage.. but my mom.

I quickly sat on the edge of the gutter and put my hand in.. and tried to pull the chappal, as the water was flowing the chappal was floating with full zeal and my hand was soaked with murk..bonk Nothing could stop me from getting the chappal. My dad suddenly realised that I am not there with him and he returned to see the sight.. He quickly carried me and told me it is ok, and he will make mom understand and I need not worry. I refused to go home:crazy. And I could see my mom also walking towards us.. "What happened she asked? Why are you both still here? And why are you carrying her? Can't she walk?" She screamed.. My dirty hands had spoilt my dads shirt and it was stinking. My caught me.. "Why are your hands so dirty.. where did you fall down?" There were more questions than answers. My dad explained to her... "How come you left her like that when you saw your friend..."DrowningDrowning The table turned towards my dad. I was saved for few seconds. We reached home and I was given a hot dettol water bath. My mom did not thrash me but explained to me the reason she was not getting those Chappals for me.

Today when I look back and reminisce, I have a hearty laugh.. but imagine the fate of a 3.5 year old girl.. Big Laugh

Thanks for being patient.......

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Padu Dearie!!

Do not miss my post.... waiting for your reply..

9. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mals,
    Haaa.. haaa it was so funny ..I can very well imagine your plight..My mom is also (ditto) ur mom.She screams when things happen this way.Dad is very much manageable :)

One Incident from me:
    My sister was in class 7 then(8 years back).She had her exams on that fine day.So she got up early to finish her revision.My mom had also got up early than usual, the day being friday.She told my sis to pour water to the filter after 5 minutes,when she's away washing the front yard and making Rangoli.
    So my sis did as per my mom and continued her studies.

When my mom came back after her work was done, she boiled milk and was about to make coffee.She noticed that the Coffee Decoction was very light than normal.It was a puzzle for my mom.She immediatly called my sister and asked her if she had poured water.My sis with all her excitement told, Yes mom, you asked me to pour water and i did so...It then struck my mom..She asked my sister, which compartment did u pour water, and my sis replied the lower one.Big LaughBig Laugh

Actually my sis had poured water to the collected thick Decoction instead of pouring in the powder compartement.
    We all burst out even now when ever my mom quotes this incident.

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Mals,
    Hawaii slippers...mm..my children also likes those. They wanted to buy when they were in India.
    Padmavathi,
    Nice one, when somebody comes to learn they are your student, right...irrespective of the profession they do...

aishu,
    enjoyed it...
    this made me write this one up...
    This relates to me...

my mom and myself were preparing some snacks, where it has to be rolled like a chapathi and cut into shapes...i was doing the chapathi part where it got stuck and my mom told me to turn it....do you know what I did...i turned the plate on which I was doing the chapathi....and not the chapathi, which she mentioned...till today i remember the incident whenever I make the chapathi.....as I forgot which snack was it...

sriniketan