1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Highly dominating friends????????

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by chetavani50, Jan 8, 2013.

1. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

ignore and dont encourage their discussions.. as others said, dont hang out with them..say hi/bye and tell u are busy with work..

2. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

well in an office envirnonment, you cant just ignore them, just talk to them if work is important or just ignore them for all conversations

3. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

I am surprised that you still call them your friends.

I would say deal with this tactfully. But I think your fear to do that or move away from them or even brak your friendship because you know how they are and you are worried that they might badmouth you and spead bad things about you in the company.

I would say in such scenario, deal with this tactfully. Try to move to another department or another team. Keep your distance. Try to make genuine excuses ( like family phone call ) and try to minimize your presence day by day.

4. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

Cant you find new friends who you can relate to? When they gossip to you, always support the person who is absent - thats the right thing to do and surely they will move away. such gossiping/domination people usually hang around people who only say "yes" to them. So, if you see something they say is not right , tell them calmly, either they wil not like you or they will change their attitude.

5. mss10

mss10 Senior IL'ite

If I were you, I would:
    1. Pretend I am busy whenever they call me
    2. Avoid hanging out with them
    3. If at all they catch hold of me, I will give some lame excuse
    4. If I happen be with them, I will try to divert the conversation to something I like
    5. If I am an introvert, I will try to pretend as if I am occupied with my own thoughts
    6. If they poke me, I will try to come up with something which will actually diver the converrsation to something serious

This happened few times that when I meet these kind of friends, I just talk whatever I want to and say ok I think I am getting late or something like that and get going.

Whatever u say, say it with a smile.
    All the best...

6. sanvi5

sanvi5 Silver IL'ite

Nobody should be able to dominate you. You have your own life and personality. Be bold to IGNORE them. Just avoid them saying you have too much work to do or you developed habit of reading books recently and have no time to hangout with them.
    Out of my personal experiences its very best to avoid and ignore such people.

1 person likes this.