High pulse during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by radhee, May 24, 2008.

1. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Dear all,

During all my OB visits, my pulse has always been high between 100 to 130. There has not been a single instance where it was normal. I am not sure whether my pulse always used to be this high or whether it is so only after conceiving. Has anybody had a similar experience during pregnancy? Will it affect the labor and delivery by any chance? What could be the other implications...? Would be glad to recieve your inputs.

Regards,
    Radhee.

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Radhee,
    Pulse rates increase normally during pregnancy - the increased blood volume, pregnancy hormones, decreased hemoglobin and low blood pressure are some factors that contribute to a faster than normal pulse. Pregnancy (esp the last bit) really puts your heart through a good work-out! So dont worry too much - do ask your doc if she feels its ok. My pulse used to be between 100 and 120 all through pregnancy and it went right back to normal afterwards.

3. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vanathi,

Thanks for the information. Feels better to know that its normal to have high pulse. But my doctor feels she might have to take an echo a little later, but she said it won't affect normal delivery process. Anyway, its something beyond my control...so have to take it as it comes..Thanks again.

Radhee.