1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hi I know a good benagli friend..need answers..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by gli, Feb 14, 2012.

1. gli

gli New IL'ite

Can you please tell me more about bengali men?their culture and customs..I have no idea about bengalis?

2. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

It is a very difficult question to answer, Gli. Because, men are men, whatever race / custom / religion they belong to.

I do not think there is anything very special or different in Men as Bengali. In general (JMO) what I see in Bengalis (both men and women) is that they are quite liberal as far as religious practice is concerned, which is not the cases for most Indians from the other part of India.

They are (or were!!) quite rooted to the Indian culture and Bengali traditions and culture par se. But I am not too sure about it as far as the present generation is concerned.

I think with the gobalization of culture and habits and practice, it is really difficult to answer such a question for the present generation and future generations to come. This is not for Bengalis alone, it is applicable for many (if not most) race/region across the world.

I know my answer is not to the point, but I doubt whether there is any to the point answer to your queries, Dear! Just mingle with your friend as he is and try to know his culture/root/habit/practice from him. Others can hardly help you here. IMO.

Good luck.

PS: I am a Bengali

3. bukbuk

bukbuk Silver IL'ite

Shouldn't you be posting this q on the Bengali section ( if there is one) rather than here ?

4. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

hi
    this question made me smile ! my dear friend having been to different places n after interacting with men from diff places i can say mostly they r same :D
    but i have worked closely with Bengali men n women ;) n i can say they r quite traditional ppl , although met few exceptions also. they r very inclined to books , literature n music , esp traditional or desi rock.
    there was a joke in my workplace that u can identify Bengali man by four c , first c being chashma or spectacles , second c in charminar ciggarate, third c as in chappal or slippers and fourth c as in chalo , ie smart ;) . it is a joke and cant sum up all bengali guys as all sardars joke dont hold true ;)

i can just say enjoy ur time with ur friend and try to know him as a person without having any prejudice about bengali guys!

all the best !