hi from Raghavan, New Jersey

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Dubai' started by licraghavan, Dec 18, 2011.

1. licraghavan

licraghavan New IL'ite

I have a question relating to Dubai driving licence. I am currently, living in the
    USA since 5 yrs with an Indian Passport. I have been driving for five years and
    i have a valid US drivers licence.

In Case I re-locate to Dubai, will my US drivers licence is sufficient enough to avoid the road tests and get my license. Or in other words, is there a simplified procedure and rule to get my dubai license.

Kindly reply with your answers.

2. sujathat

sujathat Bronze IL'ite

Hi Licraghavan,

If u r planninf ro re-locate to Dubai, regarding ur licence in dubai - Your license can't be replaced, you should complete : 30 number of classes and pass the road test. For more details u can visit to the site www.rta.ae.

Regards,
    Sujatha

3. licraghavan

licraghavan New IL'ite

hi Sujatha,

Thanks for your info. If I understand it better, there is technically no difference between a person coming from india with indian driving licence will also undertake 30 driving classes. And myself with 5 years of driving experience in the US with a valid driving licence, with a Indian passport. Could you please clarify this again as will I have any waivers in number of classes or can i take the test directly as we in the US drive with similar speeds and sign boards as in Dubai. Kindly clarify. Looking forward to your reply.

4. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

hi,

Since you are holding an Indian passport, you will be not be able to directly convert the license.

You can go through an assessment test in the driving center you choose and depending upon your performance, they will decide on the number of classes.

I don't know about the rules if you have an international driving license from US... you could try that, might be helpful....

Regards,
    Ansu

5. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite