Hi frnds i need your help .

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sugansunil, Feb 27, 2015.

1. sugansunil

sugansunil Bronze IL'ite

I am 31 weeks . I want to buy baby things before delivery except cradle. My neighbour scaring me not to buy anything before baby born. I and my husband will hav to manage alone after delivery. My dh will not be knowing what to buy that time without my help. Thinkin to buy few things now itself. Any idea? What happens if I buy them now ? Will it affect the baby? I want a list of things like oil,shampoo,diapers etc., from Indian mothers plz

2. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Go ahead and buy the necessary stuff. That will benefit the baby. Silly stories people believe in ...

2 people like this.
  3. mrithulanaren

mrithulanaren Gold IL'ite

dear OP,
    You and your husband are the best one to predict your free time after delivery.
    IMO, if you dont have any one to go and shop after baby born, better arrange/purchase well ahead to avoid last minute hazel.
    don't discuss with people who will only provide free advice and not letting any helping hands.
    so plan accordingly and go ahead dear.
    even me too going to purchase well ahead as i dont have much help during delivery.
    good luck

1 person likes this.
  4. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sugan,
    Get everything you want for your baby. In ancient times, they used to say not to get any baby stuff, since maternity deaths and infant deaths were common.
    It is not the case now.. We need to be ready to welcome the new baby. They also say we need to use old clothes for new born baby..The reason being the new fabric may cause allergy to the baby.. due to starch in the fabric or dye of the fabric..I just washed all the clothes that I bought with a mild detergent and dried it..Better to be ready with everything. You will not have time after the baby is born.

1 person likes this.
  5. Vanilasky

Vanilasky Silver IL'ite

its just a superstition. Don't bother about that. During my delivery only my mom was there with me as my DH and father was working abroad.My mom has to take care of everything from day to day chores , old grand mom to the new born born. So before my delivery itself we had bought everything needed for the new born. Many relatives and my inlaws warned me and my mom from buying baby stuff before the delivery. these people just want to scare us unnecessarily and won't be of any other help rather than free advice. So do according to you and your DH's interest and convenience. All the best dear and God bless you and your baby.

1 person likes this.
  6. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Op,

I will suggest you to go ahead and buy everything. I had my second baby 6 weeks back and baught everything in advance including diapers. I had my first baby and didn't buy a single item with same fear as you mentioned. My MIL asked not to buy (she was in home town) and my baby was without cloth for 3 days. My DH was busy in hospital and had nevery bought any thing for kids before. When he went, he got all the expensive small clothes.

Honestly, I still regret as my baby had to be without cloth for 3 days and we didnt have any thing for baby. Now I suggest everyone to get redy in advance.

2 people like this.
  7. sugansunil

sugansunil Bronze IL'ite

Thank u all. Can you give me a list pls.

8. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Whatever I could think of.

1. Baby car seat (if you are in the u.s)
    2. Onsies
    3. Socks
    4. Hat (to cover the head and ears)
    5. Baby blankets
    6. Diapers (cloth or whatever suits u)

7.Hand mittens ( they do have sharp nails which they scratch on their faces while sleeping). You can take baby clippers if you can cut it..
    8. I took a cotton (used) dupatta of mine to wrap and tie the baby ( Maharashtrian style)
    9. Wipes
    10. Pair of cute PJs for homecoming
    11.I had also ordered baby's crib and had it delivered before I went with the baby home.
    12. Bassinet to carry the baby (If reqd)

I will add if I remember more...

You may also want to make a list of things that you need!!!

1 person likes this.