1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hesh Herbal Powers- Are the ingredients 100% pure?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Dreamkitty, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Dreamkitty

Dreamkitty New IL'ite

I bought Aritha & Shikakai herbal powder from the Hesh brand. I always have coconut oil in my hair. When I used the powder, it did not cleanse my hair at all and felt quite sticky.

I was just wondering if this is normal? and are the ingredients pure with nothing extra added? I still have the packet at home, there is still alot of powder left. I want to use it again but the thing holding me back is whether it is really the herbal powder it states on the packet?

Like some hair oils, example Jasmine oil say they are "pure" but when you look at the ingredient list, it says mineral oil.

2. Anoo1234

Anoo1234 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dreamkitty,

i know nothing about the brand but when you say shikakai it is supposed to clean the hair it should not be greasy or sticky.

May be you used less powder .....for you said you are using coconut oil in your hair.
    My grandma used to say ........when using shikakai ........we have to clean two times . apply once clean it off with water and again apply clean it off with water. first time it used to be sticky hair. second time .......clean , lovely hair.

hope this helps :)

3. aarta

aarta Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,
    i too have similar problem, as in when i apply shikakai n all oil dont leave my hair so i hv stopped using it, its very time consuming also.:spin Can u plz suggest me "how u use it & for much time it should be applied for best results.:thumbsup

Warm regards
    Aarta

4. Anoo1234

Anoo1234 Bronze IL'ite

Hai aarta....
    you do not have to leave shikakai for a long time only thing to remember is the consistence of shikakai when mixed with water should be thick and you have to clean hair not once like how you do with shampoo but have to clean it at least two times in a row.

as you said it is time consuming but you will feel good if you can successfully and patiently use it. hair becomes real silky.

5. Dreamkitty

Dreamkitty New IL'ite

Thanks Anoo, I will try it again when I next wash my hair:). What I did last time was mix the powder with warm water. It was hard getting all the little grains out and was time consuming, I guess I should have spent more time cleaning my hair throughly. My results were dry & sticky. My hair got tangled as well. I guess I wasn't doing it right lol.

I know in India you can get alot of fresh soapnuts and grind the nuts yourself. Here in the UK there is alot of local Indian stores that sell the hesh brand powders. It is quite good price wise compared to when you buy it online.

What brand of powder did your grandma use? also have you used any powder from the hesh range? :S sometimes I am a little concerned about using Hesh powders because I wonder why it is cheap and if anything extra has been added like presertatives. This is why I always think maybe real Aritha soapnut is different from packaged powders.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  6. Anoo1234

Anoo1234 Bronze IL'ite

hello dreamkitty,

My grandma used natural soapnuts. They were so cool but if the juice entered our eyes wow horrible and terrible experience. I used such natural products only when was with my mom. After my marriage here I do not want to try such things . as you said we do not want to use cheap stuff and it is hard to get 100% pure. So i depend on quality shampoos for my whole family :). I do not like to buy herbs online again same fear are they 100% pure!

7. Dreamkitty

Dreamkitty New IL'ite

Anoo1234 I can see what you mean. And in India, herbs grow naturally, are organic and in abdundance and the best part is that they are free, ive heard some even grow wild. My aunt had a neem tree long time ago. I wish we could grow these herbs in the UK.

My mum said exactly the same thing you said, she told me she was wary of the Hesh products and it might not be 100% pure, maybe this is why my hair was like that. So she said using shampoo here is fine and just regular oiling. Even with oils, I have to be careful iwith the ingredients. I bought Parachute Coconut Oil and I love the smell! it feels like it's pure.

There is so many Indian herbs I would love to try out if only I could find them in their completly raw state and powder them myself. There is a beauty and fun in making your own shampoo right from scratch.

Sometimes this is why I have begun looking at other herbs, essential oils that are readily available and I know they are 100% pure.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  8. Anoo1234

Anoo1234 Bronze IL'ite

Dreamkitty ........what an idea if we both could grow herbs in UK and USA. Even if we try , weather will not permit. :))))))))))

Yes, it sounds good to make our own shampoo but I am afraid to try .......:)

9. aarta

aarta Silver IL'ite

Thnx Anoo ,

i will take care of consistency then.. i think i added lots of water..:bonk

moreover i tried just once & compared it with normal shaampoo thereby results put me off.. i wil try again but weather little chillly here so little hesitating in try things.

Thanks& Regards
    Aarta