1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Here's My Story Of Pain...and Every Pain Have A Lesson...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Adu07, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Adu07

Adu07 Gold IL'ite

Fiction? not my cup of tea.. and killing my characters around.. won't heal me..
    Noyna .. we not only have different perspectives about life but I guess we live in completely different worlds too..and mine is REALITY!

Cheeniya, periamma and teenulahari like this.
  2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Then you must try a suitable subforum. Posting an essay to a group with similar perspectives would certainly get you more engaging conversations.
    Here is the link to that location<click on the matter below, and you'd get there right pronto>:

3. Adu07

Adu07 Gold IL'ite

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

So true Adu. Each of us suffer from different kinds of pain. Sometimes sharing helps. At other times it is easier to deal with ourselves. The reason I say this is that when we share our pain, we often get a lot of suggestions/advice from others - sometimes helpful, at other times it is not applicable to our situation. At such times, it helps to learn to deal with our pain on our own. Whenever I vent about anything, I am not even looking for solutions. It is just to have the comfort of being able to vent and have someone to listen to me.

Of course, as you say, we learn to live with or to overcome our pain and find ourselves growing stronger thanks to all that we go through. We learn a lot; not the least we get to know who are our real friends and who are not.

Heartiest congratulations on this being nominated to FP.

Have requested CS to move this thread to non-fiction. (CS, for the uninitiated, is Cheeniya)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2017
    periamma, jskls, Adu07 and 2 others like this.
  5. Adu07

Adu07 Gold IL'ite

THANK YOU :)
    I'm glad that you could connect to everything my entire post is about.
    And yes we learn a lot.

teenulahari and satchitananda like this.
  6. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Surely there are plenty of occasions for essays on fictional pain. When one is too shy to divulge the symptoms to anyone, it would be pretty easy to invent a friend or a SIL and foist the malady on her. Although we are already gallivanting with a pseudonym, a pseudopain of a fictional character can totally thwart triangulation by the nasty neighbour who is a member of the same forum.

sindmani and satchitananda like this.
  7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I have a slight disagreement on the point that we should share our pains with others.
    Been there, done that, and I am no longer gonna do that with anyone.

When I shared my pain:-
    Some people felt relieved that my pain is bigger than theirs.
    Some people felt that I deserved it, because they were angry and jealous about my fortunes previously.
    Some people felt that they have something to bite, as they were biting their empty mouth all these while.
    Some people started their free unsolicited advises.
    Some people opened their mouth full of criticism only to point out where I went wrong.
    Of course, Some people genuinely cared for me. But not everyone of them were able to help me or relate to me.
    Their care and their love became an added burden on me. Because they truly cared for me; thus became sick of my pains.
    So, finally I had to face my pain, heal on my own, and bear the burdens of my near/dear ones, while facing all these critical, jealousy, and careless people who heard my pain story.

This time, I am going through the same pain. Same agony, and same stress.
    But I keep it to myself.
    I vent it here-on-line, and I do not care what you strangers think/say about my pain.
    I take if your advises are helpful, and I leave the rest like how a swan would do.
    My near/dear ones are happy because they don't know about my pains. At least I am free from their added burdens.
    I vent my heart out before my God, and receive my healing from his presence in my life.

Pain comes and goes, so is the healing!

8. Adu07

Adu07 Gold IL'ite

It's totally personal who we have to share with or not. But, you are a strong person mam and you can handle your emotions.But what about those who are drifting apart? Its not always we can open our heart to someone else but sometimes we should. Our loved ones and closed ones surely don't want us to die inside rather we should cry for once and all and let it go.. After all this is my feeling, it is not necessary everyone have to feel the same way. :)

SGBV likes this.
  9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Sorrow decreases when we open up with our true well wishes with their comforting words and joy will increase as they will also feel happy for us.
    PS

Adu07 and sindmani like this.
  10. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

Well said!! Well said !!

SGBV likes this.