1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Herbalife milkshakes - Does they really work?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pranavi13, Jun 12, 2014.

1. pranavi13

pranavi13 Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I am actually overweight by 15 kgs and started feeling very heavy myself. I have recently joined to Weight Loss group 2014, to keep my self motivated and consistent..

From past 10 days, I have been researching on different ways to cut down weight...

I am not new to this, becoz I have been trying to put down my weight from past 1.5 years....like Exercise and Diet....which ever I start , I do it for 2-3 weeks or max month then slowly forget or ignore it due to lazyness or so....

I was ranting about samething to my colleague ( Male) ., then he suggested me this Herbalife milkshakes and some tablets...

Actually he is also 18 kgs overweight and I can see a lot difference personally in him from last 2 months...he is cutting down his weight pretty good. It seems he is trying from last 6-7 months by eating fruits, gym and all...but it didnt work.

Then he visisted doc and doc suggested him to start with herbalife. He has been using from last 2 months and lost 7-8 kgs now. He drinks those shakes for BF and Dinner it seems. and eats normal meal at lunch time. And once in a while, like in 15 days he started taking 2-3 sweet pieces+ chicken etc....but still he is reducing weight...

He said he will use for 4 more months (total 6 month course) and once he reaches ideal weight stop it and maiantain little diet going on....

I have seen him personally reducing, but I am worried whether this really works for Women as well. And does these shakes+tablets have any impact on long run?? any side effects on health?? or women harmones.....and looks expensive as well...it seems totally for him it is now 8200 per month

Have any ppl here have personal experience? how does this works? , please pour your suggestions.........

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My aunt used it. Her BP shot up suddenly and she fell ill. Discontinued and she is fine.
    My housekeeper has a SIL who sells this. She kept encouraging me to buy. She used it herself. In a few months her face started breaking out. She stopped it as well. I'd say anything other than a well balanced diet and exercise plan is not sustainable in the long run. You have to be motivated to do it. Join the other women here. I get a lot of motivation from them. Plus it's ok to keep trying. I tried for over a year with various exercise and cals plan and finally found something that works for me. Plateaus are very common in weight loss. Don't let them demotivate you. Push forward! You can do this.

1 person likes this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Don't eat/drink anything that's not FDA approved. The FDA exists for a reason and if they haven't approved it, it ain't going in my body.