1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Her Master’s Voice

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HazelPup, Jul 8, 2018.

1. HazelPup

HazelPup Platinum IL'ite

He stepped inside. She ran towards him. He lifted her and hugged her. She kissed him. He said naughty and let her go. She still ran around him and danced with joy. Both played to hearts content. Their fun times together knew no bounds. She felt happy and Elated until one day ...

He brought another one and came home. She didn’t grow jealous. She tried to accommodate the new comer too. He was spending more time with the new comer. She was just physically present for him. She tried to let him know how much she missed him. But he didn’t give in. He spent all his free time with the new comer. She tried to show her anger towards him but he failed to recognize her love. He ignored her. She felt lonely. She felt miserable. He continued to have fun with the newcomer. She started staying away from him. She even tried to hide from him when he came home. He did not bother.

She realized her love for him will never change. She decided to remain faithful. All she cared was her master to be happy. Even if it means to let him have fun with the newcomer. With ears wide open and her head resting on her legs she waited every evening to listen to her masters voice wagging her tail lightly.

This piece is written from the view of a pet who adored her master. Her master(my earlier neighbor ) is the owner of 2 dogs and 3 cats. I saw how the first pet lost her importance after other pets came in her masters life. Still she loved her master unconditionally. I had seen the lovable pet with tears in her eyes when the master played with other pets and completely ignored her. Her love towards her master is unconditional

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Good one. After reading the first para I thought you are talking about pet. Pets are faithful and love their masters

HazelPup, Star25 and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Very nice, HP. Only dogs can give this kind of love, loyalty and friendship.

HazelPup, Star25, Thyagarajan and 2 others like this.
  4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

So cute write up @HazelPup. I liked your imagination and that is unconditional love and faithfulness which we can see mainly in dogs. I love dogs but a few reasons I never have a dog but always love to watch pet dogs.

5. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

@HazelPup : Very nice to read.. So much of love in it. Only pets can give that kind of unconditional love I think..as far as I have seen it's rare to find unconditional love in people now a days.

HazelPup and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

That is so sad, Hazel. What is the point in having 5 pets when you can't care for one properly?

HazelPup and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@HazelPup Well written about a pet. Gratitude dog and an ungrateful human. I had two dogs earlier and if one come near me and keep it's head on my lap, the other one Push the former and lie on my lap. They were my guards till their end. I miss them much

HazelPup, Star25 and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:This simple short sweet narration yet rivetting reminds me of a German dog which walked to station for ten long years to receive his/her master who had expired before long. A huge statue for this dog at central plaza in a busy market place close to that railway station stands as a memorial cum symbol of eternal faithfullness. One can easily search this story in Google.
    Thanks& REGARDS.

HazelPup, satchitananda and Star25 like this.
  9. HazelPup

HazelPup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks @iyerviji. Yes pets are lovable and faithful too

10. HazelPup

HazelPup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks @GeetaKashyap. Yes I love and adore them.