HEMMARAGALA..Santhana Gopala Swamy temple a boon for childless couple.

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by rmuramka, Sep 10, 2014.

1. rmuramka

rmuramka Gold IL'ite

Dear IL sisters,
    I wish to share with you details of my recent visit to Hemmaragala village..where there is a 1800 yr old temple of Santhana Gopala Swamy also known as Huchappa Gopala .

This temple is situated in the outskirts of Mysore, around 22kms from Nanjangud. It is a very very old temple of Shri Santana Gopala Swamy.

Since I am in my TTC journey...my mom has been doing various poojas on our name in different temples. My maternal grandmother stays in Bangalore. And on her recent visit to Bangalore.my granny told my mom about this temple...and how a family friend (who lives close by), had prayed for her daughter who lives in the US and did pooja on her behalf. Her daughter has conceived soon after the pooja.

So my mom called up the temple, and found out the details about the pooja. As per the details, she got a tiny silver cradle with a small baby krishna in it. She did pooja to the idol for 48 days. Later, two weeks back, me and DH visited the temple and we took the worshiped idol along with Rice, different pulses, jaggery, Ghee etc, which were mentioned by the main Archakuru of the temple.
    When we reached the temple, the maha naivediam was happening. After that there was maha mangala haarathi, during which they switch off all the lights, and all you can see in the darkness is the garbha gudi, where swamy is siutated, surrounded my lots of oil deepams. It gives you goose bumps, when in that darkness, you see the illuminated form of swamy surrounded by so many lamps. The main archakas are tamilians, and hence the harathis etc are done in tamil language.
    The way in which they loudly sang the harathi pooja....in that darkness.with swamy right in front of you....trust me..i did not even realize that i had tears in my eyes.all through the harathi. It is a divine experience which you have got to see..to believe.

Later, for all the couple who have done the 48 days pooja, we offer all the fruits and items we have got to the archakas.who take you closer to the garbha gudi...and do a special sankalpam on your name. Later on..they tie the cradle in the roof of the temple. You can see the innumerable number of cradles tied to the temple roof once you enter inside. Then, they tie a santhana yantram to each of us.

The specialty of the temple is the danda (sacred stick) which belonged to Koundinya Maharshi, who transferred all the powers to the danda before relinquishing his body. This special danda is kept on the devotee's head (only on saturday and sunday) and is said to cure any ailment which otherwise is claimed in-curable. We got the opportunity to visit the temple on a Sunday and hence we had the chance to take the danda. We took the mantra danda twice :).
    There is also a Santhana Suarshana Chakra at the feet of the lord. Once the pooja is done, the couple are given a small packt which contains kumkum from the sudarshana chakra, and a pouch containing avlakki (beaten rice), which only the couple are supposed to have. Also on Saturdays and Sundays there is annadana prasadam where all the devotees can have anna prasadam.

The best part of the temple is.there is no hundi anywhere...and even though the temple is so remotely located, and with less resources and facilities, the temple staff does not expect any financial help. All they request is, if at ll you wish to contribute anything, please bring rice, pulses next time you visit, which can be used for anna prasadam.

The main archakuru Veera Raghavan, and his wife are said to be ardent swamy devotees. Shri Raghavan was ailing with blood cancer, and all the doctors had given up hope and claimed that he is in his last stage. He was asked to complete all his responsibilities as a father, and husband. Not knowing what to do..his wife got to know about Huchappa swamy ..and the couple prayed to swamy that they will dedicate their entire life to swamy. Miraculously, Veera Raghavan was cured of his ailment and even the renowned doctors were shocked and said "how is this possible".

Please find below a telecast of this temple in Kannada Tv9.
    Heegu Unte - TV9 Kannada, Date:10-01-2010 - Huchappa Gopala , Shree Venugopala Swamy Temple - YouTube

Also find below the details about the temple and route map.

Blog on TV9 Heegu Unte !: Huchappa Gopala , Shree Venugopala Swamy Temple , HEMMARAGALA Grama.

1,800-year-old temple a boon for childless couples - The New Indian Express

Temple Timings : 9am to 2pm and 3:30pm to 7pm.
    Sri Narasimha Danda : Saturday and Sunday 6am to 6pm.
    Sri Sudarshana Narasimha Mahayaga : Poornima (Full Moon) Days.
    Phone number of Archakaru (Priest) : 9880932698, 9611833798.

Also last week, my mom and dad visited the temple and finished their 'mokku'. We had the greatest opportunity to visit the temple, and prayed swamy for his blessings and that we would soon visit him with our LO.

Hoping to have his blessings always and praying that he showers his blessings on all the couple in their TTC journey friendssmiley.

2. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

WOW....so divine. You have taken us all on this virtual tour of the temple and the puja. Many thanks to you from all of us TTC ladies in IL.

May you be blessed with a bundle of joy very soon.

2 people like this.
  3. meenueash

meenueash Platinum IL'ite

Dear rmuramka,

Thanks for sharing information about the temple.felt blessed to read your experience

May Baba and Lord Krishna bless all of us ttc sisters in IL.

4. rmuramka

rmuramka Gold IL'ite

Dear meenu,
    It was my pleasure. I feel IL is also a lucky charm for all the TTC sisters. All of us here share a unique bond, and by sharing our experiences, it gives everyone of us a strange sense of positive feeling that "we will succeed" in our fight!

May the lord 'Santhana Gopala Swamy' bless each one of us with motherhood very soon and may we hear many more success stories soon.

Good luck hugsmiley

3 people like this.
  5. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Dear rmuramka,

Thanks for sharing the information with us.

Wonderful Narration.

1 person likes this.
  6. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

Good info Dear rmuramka,

One of my friend also had the same problem in her life after marriage for 4/5 yrs they didn't have child. Just 2 yrs back she visited this temple and prayed god that if she is blessed with child she would visit again and offer butter for Gopala Swamy. Now recently she has celebrated her kids 1 yr Birthday, and said that she will visit the temple again.

2 people like this.
  7. anuradhasundar

anuradhasundar Silver IL'ite

dear rmuramka
    Many thanks to you for sharing information about the temple.

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Rmuramka dear thanks for taking us to Santana Gopala temple through your post. By your narration I felt that I also travelled with you to the temple. All the best to you to be successful in your TTC. God bless you and fulfill your wishes

1 person likes this.
  9. rmuramka

rmuramka Gold IL'ite

Thanks everyone. It was my pleasure to share the divine feeling I have experienced.
    Hoping that with all your blessings and blessings of the lord, all of us will hold our LO very soon!!:yes:

1 person likes this.
  10. rmuramka

rmuramka Gold IL'ite

Good to know that ammulur.....even I have prayed to swamy that..very soon we will visit him again with our LO. I hope he wishes to see us very soon again!