help to study

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by happylife123, Feb 16, 2012.

1. happylife123

happylife123 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I am Electronics engg graduate and have worked in software for 4.7years and took a break for almost 2 years. Now want to study engg subjects for an exam like GATE in 1.5 months and finding it very difficult to study. Please give me some ideas like where to start, how to motivate myself?
    Thanks
    Happylife

2. Workingstudent

Workingstudent Junior IL'ite

Hi happylife123, I am studying for a Microsoft Cert exam and trying very hard to motivate myself. If you are willing we can help each other study as study buddies. What say?

3. happylife123

happylife123 Silver IL'ite

Hi Workingstudent,
    Since it is difficult to stop browsing after some time, I dont come online nowadays and will be like that till my exam is over.

4. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

Just a thought - if u need motivation for studying something which u want to take up as a career later, are u sure u have made the right choice ?

Please dont misunderstand me. I have had two former colleagues who went thru the same emotions while they were doing their engg. and despite working for the best IT company, their job never used to excite them. Every day was a drag. They had chosen these professions bcoz of parental pressure. Today after 5 years, both have left the organisation and r pursuing different fields. One is doing research abroad and the other has taken up his passion for photography. But both r extremely happy with whatever they are doing.

Anyways, all the best to both of you for yr exams.

love,
    kylie