1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help to pull myself back together, losing everywhere

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by perplexed, Jul 27, 2013.

1. perplexed

perplexed Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends
    I keep coming back on this site to get advice, pour my heart out and get help. I am going through divorse. I am emotionally very weak and its affecting me. But leaving all that aside, another issue I have is that my brain is getting really slow. I am 29, I have been school and university topper. I used to have a sharp brain, but now its like I am losing my basic sense. Many of you would say that its due to this phase and will get ok once I am done with the process, but the problem is I don’t think that is the case. I am really trying to focus on my job but I am doing silliest of mistakes, not one but many. I can feel I get overwhelmed on even easy tasks, I cant think through a lot of concepts, I am an engineer and its really important. I used to be very career oriented, but now I am unable to do bare minimum
    Couple of years back I had a fight with my husband in which he push me really hard on floor. It was a big bang and especially after that I felt my brain started getting slower. Right now I am at a stage where I have become extremely forgetful, cant focus no matter how hard I try and all this is extremely affecting my overall personality and confidence too. I feel a complex and with everything else happening I am losing myself. I had a bad marriage, but I cant ruin my life for one wrong person. My entire family has been extremely supportive of me, yet its getting difficult for me to pull myself back together. If I fail in my career too, there is nothing I have in my life to look forward to.
    I really really really need help and advice on the problem of my weakening brain. Any home remedies, treatments, mental exercises , I want to get back on my feet, the way I used to be. I want people to respect my work,,,,,,I have had a failed marriage, a failed career would make me a failed person who is nothing more than a weight for parents and family n waste of space. I would rather not have a life than a life where I am disrespected for my work, I failed in my personal life and living just to pass my time.
    Friends I really need your help, guidance and advice, I really want to be some one I respect and others respect too

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013

2. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

Maybe you need to see a doctor since you did mentioned that you banged your head hard. Maybe your doctor can suggest you to do some head scan or something, to check for any injury or bleeding.

1 person likes this.
  3. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

Go to Doc and do scan (CT, MRI) and find out there are no issues.. head is always a sensitive area. Any small clot today will be dangerous later..

Once u are medically fine, all you need is TIME. It will heal everything. Till then concentrate on ur career, spend more time with parents or friends who are very supportive.. Take baby steps in all ur attempts and in few months/years, u will be fine..

1 person likes this.
  4. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Get yourself checked by a good doctor , maybe neuro -surgeon, he will have a thorough checkup done with CAT scans etc.
    Maybe this is psychological but get the physical checkup done and narrate all your symptoms to the doctor.
    Its sad that you had to undergo so much DV in the marriage, good you are getting out .
    All the best.

2 people like this.
  5. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Couple of years back you got hurt.
    You have concerns about your brain being slow after that.
    Yet you havent seen a doctor for this situation in 2 years!? earlier the better with doctors!for diagnosis/treatments.

Well, get an appointment now! What are we going to do in IndusLadies? We cannot diagnose you with a CT or MRI scan, a doctor can. So get to a doc asap.

1 person likes this.
  6. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hi OP,

Hugs to you. You have been exceptionally brave in dealing with your situation. You are certainly making great progress in taking charge of your life.

Please consult a reputed neurologist to check you out. Do request brain imaging scans. Also get some counselling with a qualified psychiatrist too because you seem to have undergone insane amounts of trauma and stress with your ex. Stress can affect the way we work to such extents too.

Do get the help, OP. you will certainly be back to your strong self soon

Love,
    G

1 person likes this.
  7. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

Perplexed - a failed marriage doesnt make you a failed person, for all that you have gone through it definitely makes you a stronger person.
    Please get to the doc ASAP.

2 people like this.
  8. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Like everyone else said, go and see a doc and make sure that everything is okay with you. I'm sure you will get normal reports and that itself will be a great boost for you. After that all you need is to get out of your gloom and emotional trauma. All the best to you, dear. :)

You asked for home remedies, that reminded me of something I heard long time back. My grandpa's father was a lawyer for the congress (pre-independence era) and he was jailed for some 5 yrs. After he came out, he went into depression because he felt that he has forgotten everything he has learned about law and would never win a case again. So, my great grandma used to give him following almond recipe thrice a week.

Soak 5 almonds overnight. In the morning peel them and make a paste. Slightly roast the paste in spoonful of ghee, tell it is light golden. Add sugar as per your taste. Eat it and lie down with your eyes closed for 30 mins. Do it thrice or twice a week (not daily because it can also makes you fat.) I have eaten it once or twice and I can tell you it tastes divine.... :)

My grandpa claims that this badam halwa is a 'magical brain tonic' and did wonders with his dad and he recovered completely. You may want to try that. I'm really sorry for your situation and will be happy if it helps you in anyway :)

2 people like this.
  9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I am also recommending you rule out any traumatic brain injury....go to a neurologist. In addition to that, what many do not realize is that during divorce you go through a period of mourning...the death of the marriage, of dreams, etc. You must treat this as grieving in order to understand the mental strain you are now under. Your brain will not be working "normally" during this period.

I will (again) recommend the following book:

Living Through Personal Crisis: Ann Kaiser Stearns: 9781882883875: Amazon.com: Books

1 person likes this.
  10. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

Yes first of all you should go to a good doctor.
    And plz don't consider yourself as a failure. There can be n no of reasons why your marriage didn't work and never blame your self for this. Look not all marriages have a happy ending and there are few things which are beyond our control. Be happy that you got out of a bad marriage. You have your family's love and support.
    Now as far as your career is concerned just relax. you can do yoga, hobbies or join art of living classes. these will give you a mental boost. Make a study plan for books which will help you in your career. brush your skills by joining any coaching classes.
    Hope this gloomy period end soon and never label yourself as a failure again.cheer up.

1 person likes this.