Help reqd: about consultation fee charged in private hosp, dubai

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Dubai' started by amruthakithu, Mar 8, 2012.

1. amruthakithu

amruthakithu Senior IL'ite

Hello friends,

I'm new to Dubai, so don't have much experience with hospitals and here and how much fee they charge as consultation fee. We don't have insurance covered for our family and yet to be arranged.

A couple of days back, my DD was falling sick, so i planned to fix an appointment with hospitals such as Welcare, Lifeline hospital and so on...But i couldn't believe my ears that they were telling me its something around 500 Dhs as consultation. Is it true they are charging this much and is it worth paying for it??

Friends, plz suggest me some good hospitals who can provide good service with nominal fee.

Regards
    Amrutha

2. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

The consultation fees in pvt hospitals such as the ones you mention is really high and without insurance and for minor illness, it is not really necessary. With medicines and follow up costs, the amount that we end up spending will be insanely high.

When i was new to dubai and was in the process of getting insurance, my dd too fell ill and we were suggested dr. josephs' polyclinic's paediatrician Dr. venugopal. Although the place is really crowded ...the fee was reasonable at Dh. 150 and the doctor was good....and was accessible over the phone for follow up consulatation too. It is in karama.

3. amruthakithu

Thank you so much Sumitha. Its of great help to me. Surfes net and got the exact location. Thanks again.

Regards
    Amrutha

4. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

Hi amruthakithu...

In Aster the consultation is about 110 AED; i dont have insurance too and thats how i pay each month after consultin g the doc..

You can find Aster in different parts of Dubai and their services are very good too

5. Anitha27

Anitha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hii,

You can visit Unicare clinic in Burjuman, there you have all the doctors, for gynaecologist you can see doctor Jaymala shukla and for children you can see doctor Zaheer. I have been to both the doctors for myself and my daughter, they are really good. and their consultation is 300dhs and 250dhs respectively.

6. amruthakithu

Thank you Sithara....i checked with Aster in DG...but the doctor is very busy loaded with appointments. So thot of checking with cedars by tomorrow as the appointments are full today.

As you said, i found out the consultation fee with them and it was nominal too...

Regards
    Amrutha

7. amruthakithu

Hi Anitha,

Thanks for the info yaar...Nice to know that there are doctors who charge nominal fee too...

Regards
    Amrutha