Help regarding plots in nanmangalam / pallikaranai area

Discussion in 'Housing' started by MayM, Jan 2, 2012.

1. MayM

MayM New IL'ite

Hi,

We are considering buying a 1200 sf plot in nanmangalam / pallikaranai area and build an independent duplex ourselves. Reading through some of the threads in this forum, I understand that this area seems to have problems with bad water, rain water stagnation and issues like duplicate documentation which scares us :frown:

It would be great if any of you chennaiites can help us out with the following:

1. Is there meaning in doing a nanmangalam vs pallikaranai, or are these areas very similar?
    2. Any specific localities within nanmangalam / pallikaranai which are avoidable?
    3. What is a rough estimate of current rate for a half-ground plot in these places (a rough search in sulekha gives all sorts of prices between 10L and 30L for a 1200 sf plot :eek , so we are confused)
    4. Since there are so much issues with documentation, we also wanted to see if there are any real estate firms that sell residential plots / gated community plots in this area?

Any pointers on these would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. MayM

MayM New IL'ite

Any thoughts on this, my dear friends?

Our initial look-around on this topic indicates that the land price might be around 20L and the construction cost for a 3BHK (about 1700 sf built-up area) would be around 25L. Do they sound to be reasonable estimates?

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

LAnd in nanmangalam goes at around 50lacs plus. so in a nice place you can get 1200sq.ft at 30lacs+. and the construction cost you have based the cost is 1475..i think it is kind of decent. but you have not included other things like architect design, approval, eb,and other costs..

to buy and build it would go up of 50lacs...for a 1200sq.ft of land..this is based on the minimum..add more for luxury brands in fittings/switches and all.

4. MayM

MayM New IL'ite

Appreciate your help, Shanvy!

It does looks like we underestimated the land and construction costs :) Thanks for clearing that up. We are reevaluating our plans since the total costs might be too much to bear. We were trying to find approved lands and we might have found a 900 sq.ft. land for 22lacs. Wanted to know if this sounds like a reasonable deal (still figuring out the area and neighborhood. once we get more details, I could give more info here).

Do you happen to know specific areas within nanmangalam? We would really appreciate some help on which are the low-lying areas/not a good neighborhood etc. For example, how is the area slightly northwest of the Amman Kovil pond (sri perumal nagar off Elumalai road I think).

Thanks in advance!
    MM

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

the land that you are speaking is back of the panchayat office. there are lots of building coming up there.but i have heard that there were some road access disputes in those land..do check them. yes the tank did fill to the brim this rains, but the area has potential.there are good roads, though i would prefer a better garbage disposal.

due to its proximity to omr, (you can reach omr within 10 minutes) and gst (by the thoraipakkam-pallavaram 200ft radial) you reach within 10 minutes early morning. the same for medavakkam. the water table at present is good.

the guideline value that is being revised is jumping from 900-1000(ezhumalai salai) to 3000rs. also do not be in a rush. when it comes to these small 900sq.ft. it couldbe part of a ground say 2200 where 1200 used by one while the 900sq.ft gets sold with a narrow access.

unless you have visited the place, check legal documents and also seen the original layout documents and the permission to split, do not put you hard earned money.

these are just my opinions and i am no where a re person.

6. Naeyam

Naeyam New IL'ite

We are also looking to buy a land in Nanmangalam. Any inputs regarding land price, powercuts, water stagnations, garbage disposal etc will be much appreciated.