1. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Coding Challenge for Kids ages 8-18 - Accept the Challenge to WIN $100

Help!! Onion Smell Not Going Away :(

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rojagarden, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Rojagarden

Rojagarden Platinum IL'ite

Hope someone may be able to help me.

So I made the bad decision to use small onions for puli kuzhambu. The small onions must be more than a month old. So I realized it was kind of squishy and smelled not so fresh when I started peeling them.But I went ahead and peeled them anyway, since they didn’t go bad. Maybe I peeled and cut around 30, but the smell was so strong I didn’t feel like using them and threw them away in trash.

Now Problem 1: I read this is sulfur smell. But is this strong smell bad for our health? More importantly worried about my kids health.

Problem 2: The whole house stinks. I tried placing coffee grounds, baking soda, vinegar in plates in that area. Still the smell is there.

Problem 3: I tried washing my hands with vinegar, salt, baking soda, soap, stainless steel spoon. But the smell is not going away and I can’t sleep.

Please help!!!

2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Gold IL'ite

Try spreading baking soda around places. Also, if you believe in candles or diffusers or even sprays if smell is bothering u that much. Air out the home.
    Some say boiling vinegar also helps

I have same issues. so I have all kind of stuff at home.