Help needed.... Madisar for bridal wear

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by ManasaL, Dec 28, 2015.

1. ManasaL

ManasaL New IL'ite

Hi dear ladies.... I have joined this forum recently..... I am getting married in april.. For that i need to wear madisar... Even though my would be inlaws are telugus, they want me to wear iyengar style madisar for the wedding. I am clueless about how to wear it.. I have seen my mom and aunts wear a madisar, but never a nine yard one... Would i look fat in that? Will i look attractive in that on the day of my wedding?? Also i am required to wear a koppu on the side of my head to resemble andal... Will it look good on me... Or will i look like an old fashioned woman???
    Sorry for so many questions.. I simply am tensed i want to look best on my big day.. Help please......

2. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

Congrats.It is natural to be nervous and we will have so many questions.So no worry.

You can approach any beauty parlor and go for trial bridal make up using madiasar and koppu.Based on that you can adjust your make up and other items for your big day.

3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Madisar is so cute!

dont worry u will look great! It is an experience plus it is not forever!max one hour and u r done:)

good luck on ur wedding day!

4. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Hi Manasa
    You will look good, no worries. I too was initially against this in my wedding, but the photo with andal koppu during my Unjal is the best one ever. The nine yard saree has to be draped by SIL, so someone from your IL's side will help you, or your beautician can help here too. Also, get some temple set jewelry for the muhurtham. You will look great definitely.

5. aamrapali

aamrapali Gold IL'ite

Congratulations on your wedding. Don't worry - every bride looks beautiful in her own way on her big day, her wedding day. So no matter what you wear or how you do your makeup or hair, you are going to look happy, smiling and beautiful.

Madisari has to be tied by SIL. You can wear something like tights inside and she can get you started on draping it. Best wishes.

6. ManasaL

ManasaL New IL'ite

Thank you every one for ur advice... I will sure follow what u say... :cool2:

7. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi manasal
    There are lot of places who stitch readymade madisar sarees. It's completely safe and hassle free. Check in the net for such places and tailors. One iyengar lady stitched a readymade madisar for my sisters wedding. It has a part similar to Patiala pant and a saree extension. I also wore one !Looks beautiful ! Try it !
    All the best !
    Regards,
    Cliona

8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Normally during weddings the saree given by the pundit with blessings alone is worn.Many elders may object to wearing stitched madisar.However you can have one stitched by Dance costume makers(shanthi tailors near Mylapore),.They stitch both Iyer and Iyengar madisar for wearing on special occasions after marriage.
    Jayasala 42