1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Help need for L2 visa interview questions

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by padma1625, Sep 4, 2014.

1. padma1625

padma1625 New IL'ite

Hello Friends,

My husband in on L1B visa and staying in USA. We got married in June 2014 and I am attending visa interview on Sep 8th. I am bit worried about some questions. Can anyone please help me out if there is any problem if I give below answers to them.

1) Why haven't you go along with your husband after marriage?
    A) Actually my father-in-law expired after marriage and our family is in deep depression. My husband is performing last rites to him, Hence we did not applied for L2 at that time.
    (I am carrying death certificate as proof, please tell me if anything needed)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Will you resign the current job and will you work or study in USA?
    A) I am planning to take long leave for 8-10 months as my husband have visa valid till that time. We will be returning back to India and I will continue with my current job. I have no plans to work in USA or study there.
    (Will they ask any proof regarding this long leave. Actually I can get the leave in my office only if visa is approved)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Can I have a look at your marriage album?
    A) Actually our marriage happened in a situation when my father-in-law is in ICU. It is done to make him happy in his last minutes. So, we do not have an album but 5-6 pics taken randomly at that time
    (We have some copies but worried if they ask album)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also, Can you please suggest if anything more need to be prepared for interview in my case.

Thanks in advance!!

2. blissofmylife

blissofmylife Silver IL'ite

This question may be more meaningful for people on H4. On L2, you are eligible for EAD - Employment Authorization Document. Meaning you can legally work in US, after applying and getting your EAD approved.

Do you have a marriage certificate? If yes, album is just namesake.

3. padma1625

padma1625 New IL'ite

Hey, Thanks for your response!

We have marriage certificate.

How many days it might take to get the passport ready with visa stamping after the interview.

I am planning to collect the passport directly from the VFS center at my location.

4. vrshah85

vrshah85 New IL'ite

Hey

I wan on L2 visa for almost 3 years- My husband went before me 6 months and then I followed him.
    My visa happened very easily- I havent heard anytime that L2 is rejected- But still wehave to be prepared.
    They asked for my album - It was almost 5 kg of Album- but he just saw few Photos- So carrying Few photos is a wise Idea.
    If he ask about that would you like to work in USA- You can say him that I would like to first explore and understand the culture - but not deceided yet.
    If he ask you - do you plan to stay in USA for good, Just say No as you cant leave your entire family and stay here.
    And you can always say about FIL
    Sorry for your loss- Hope you get the Visa- let me know
    BTW where in USA you are coming?

5. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Above all this the most important is to know your Husband's work location , Company name , Client name, how long this project has been signed for, how long is your husband's visa valid.

1 person likes this.
  6. padma1625

padma1625 New IL'ite

Hi Varsha,

Thanks for your response..

I am coming to NC in USA..one more question ya..

How many days it might take to get the passport ready with visa stamping after the interview.

I am planning to collect the passport directly from the VFS center at my location.

7. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If you are planning to collect then it will be ready in 1-2 business days.