1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Help me with this clicking sound

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by LLavanya, Dec 20, 2011.

1. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Hi my dear friends,

I have got some bone damage while opening a mouth and i am getting click sound when ever i open my mouth....I have been advised to put splinting by dental doctor. Now i heard from my friend that i want to visit maxello facial surgeon for this activity. Please suggest me some good doctor for this. :bonk

For the past 3 weeks i m getting click sound while moving my hand, head and leg...I m worried about this when i checked with general doctor they asked me to meet some Pnuemologist (i dont know exactly the name). please key in ur suggestions and help me in this. i m worried a lot...

Regards,
    Lavnaya

2. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

30 views but no reply friends........

3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi lavanya, regarding the sound from the mouth, is it happening everytime or only when yawning? It could be because of jaw lock. Have you seen people rubbing the thumb and middle finger and make a sound (in tamizh we call it 'soduku') while yawning? (use the thumb to flip middle finger) In mudra yoga it is a cure for jaw locks. you can try doing that while yawning or opening your mouth.

4. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Hi mimur,

Thanks for your kind reply. Whenever i open my mouth to eat or after a long gap this sound is coming. Per day 7 times like that.

For eating also some times i could not open as a result when i try to open hardly it creates click sound...

In head, hand and leg also i m getting that sound.

Regards,
    Lavanya

5. Special

Special Silver IL'ite

Hi Lavanya,visit a dentist soon.Sometimes when we open our mouth too wide,this problem would have oocured.The dentist will palpate the muscles in cheek region and make them fix back.Its like ball and socket joint ,the muscles near mandible.They will teach simple exercises to avoid this problem.You have mentioned about splinting,its been advised so that mouth opening can be reduced and the joint will be functioning normally.They will remove splint after specific time.
    If he/ she finds much more deviation or any problem,they will advise for few x-rays and ask you to meet maxillo facial surgeon.I am a dentist and hope i cleared your doubts.

6. celia17

celia17 Silver IL'ite

lavanya,
    you should visit a dentist. This must have happened because of the jaw movement when you opened your mouth too wide while eating or yawing. This also happens if you grind your teeth in your sleep due to stress & tiredness. I have this problem. Better to consult the dentist ASAP otherwise slowly your facial muscles will start paining.
    Dentist may prescribe you splits or surgery depending on the severity. I used splints for 6 months & more, and i feel better when i use splints, though its not curable completely without surgery.
    I have no clue about the 'click; sound at head, hands & legs.....i dont think they are related.
    get well soon..God bless!

7. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Thanks Dear special for the reply.

One General doctor told me to visit maxellofacial thats why i stopped dental doctor visit for splinting. I consulted to dental doctor and they told not to go with surgery but this spliting u have to put for some times like that.

Is it related to hand sound, leg sound and head sound. Please suggest my dear friend

8. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Hi celia,

Thanks for stepping ur thoughts. How often u get this sound and also what is the cost of splinting.? Is it difficult to wear it?