1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

help me please please urgent REGARING dress/saree its urgent..............

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by anveetha, Dec 12, 2011.

1. anveetha

anveetha New IL'ite

hi...everyone...i need your urgent help...i need help regarding marriage dressing...here i'm writing my details ...
    coming to my age 22...Height is 4.9'' Weight is 36... my legs are taller than my upper body...and my face looks like small...i'm some what near to fair color(chamana chaya)
    my sister marriage is coming very short in december...i need ur suggetions...
    actually my parents forcing me to wear saree...but i'm getting afraid of that whether it suits me or not...
    please suggest me what type of saree should i wear...?

and also suggest me chudidar type (party wear)....what type of chudidar should i go for? short length or anarkai....or any other... what makes me look tall and look better...
    even please suggest me a formal chudidar wear....as i want to do job as a manager...please suggest me how much chudidar top length should i wear...should i go for patiyala or leggings or normal chudidar pants...
    i want to look decent and rich look and good look.please suggest your valuable ideas...
    i need it urgently ...please help me...help me...help me....

2. cissyboo

cissyboo Silver IL'ite

For a saree, I'd go for a good light silk with narrow borders (VERY narrow borders) and not too busy, maybe small scattered bhutti or paisleys on the body. becoming more dense towards anchal/pallu. You're lucky that you have long legs compared to your torso! That actually makes it easier to dress your body. I suggested the light silk so there isn't much bulk in the waist, and narrow borders will make you look taller - it's a matter of perspective-wide borders "shorten" the appearance of the legs for people who aren't tall (I know from experience). Stick with narrow borders, single pallu, and lightly patterned body.
    A style like this: SBR368 : Deep Pink Faux Georgette Saree with Blouse (chosen as an example for the border and the pallu rather than for the color/fabric) with the small bottom border and small body decorations would look great.
    Churridar-go for it! Wear with a close fitting, shorter kameez and not many gathers at the ankle (maybe two or three) to create the illusion of height. Same pattern/decoration rules as the saree-smaller is better, big will overwhelm! Wear with high heeled sandals, simple jewelry. Patiyala will make you look shorter, and with all your weight on your bottom half, leggings are not so good with formal wear (in my opinion only), but narrow cut parallel trousers with little or no decoration on the bottom might look good.
    Hope this was helpful.

3. anveetha

anveetha New IL'ite

THANK YOU...for your reply...but you said that go for silk fabric.i'm thin .my hands are not fatty.my face also look small .is silk saree suits me?i'm thin & short.so wearing single pallu really suits me...?
    thank you.
    i'm waiting for your replies.........please help me....

4. cissyboo

cissyboo Silver IL'ite

Silk or chiffon will add a bit of bulk, but not as much as organza (which makes us shorter people look like a marshmallow in my opinion). Georgette or net will be nice, too, if you want to show off your slender body. It all depends on whether or not you want to disguise (stiffer fabrics) or accentuate (flowing, clingy fabrics) your shape. Single pallu because a double or large pallu accentuates the lack of height as the highly decorated anchal tends to start right at the shoulder, unless you want it to drag on the ground behind you :) I go more for proportions with my sarees-light work on the body, narrow bottom border, and a single or a pallu like in the picture (just embroidery/sequin/resham work above the end border). You don't want to draw attention to your lack of inches, but rather draw attention to your perfectly proportioned figure.
    By shorter kameez, I meant one that hits about midthigh-looks really good with narrow pajami or parallel pants. Also a shorter dupatta works well, so you don't have a long stream of scarf down both sides of your shoulders. Decoration around the neckline of the kameez and blouse are good, as this will draw the eye to your face. Don't wear shoes with heels that are too high for you to be comfortable in, because nothing is more awkward than stumping about or wobbling about in uncomfortable heeled shoes.

*I'm a few inches taller than you are, 5'0", and these tips worked for me before the kids were born and I put on weight...

5. anveetha

anveetha New IL'ite

thank you dear.....thank you so..............much for your valuable reply...............

6. cissyboo

cissyboo Silver IL'ite

You will have to keep updating on what you have purchased for the wedding!

7. rekbal

rekbal Silver IL'ite

Hi,

First of all congrats for your sister... Actually I am same height as yours 4.10" but not with long legs.. :) i would suggest you to wear a saree which is light in weight and gives you grip so that you would not feel like the saree is worn abit loose... And light sky blue color saree will go good for all girls.. but depending your liking select the color... Dont wear big heels as long as you are used to it.. When coming to jewelry be simple as possible.. Have a light make up.. With all these things i promise that you will look very beautiful...

When comes to chudidar dont for any dress which is of horizontal strips or horizontal designs.. Thant will make you look short... so for the vertical designs one with light color and that will make you look beautifull...