1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help me out...

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by AnithaPartha, Dec 30, 2009.

1. hs2009

hs2009 Silver IL'ite

Pavarun:
    Anitha, to your questions, a mother's love is a mother's love. Breastfeeding is certainly great, but it is not the only means and end to bonding.

How very true! I wanted to BF my DD but I cudnt after 3 months due to health reasons. I even tried taking 4 tablets of Lactare for increasing supply but no luck. I had people telling me how will the bond be established? But mothers love is mothers love..My DD is formula fed...and the bond she shares with me cannot be described.

Anitha : Mother is a mother...this bonding cannot be changed or altered by means of feeding... When your LO cries you feel the pain your LO knows thats the bonding! So go ahead an decide for your self based on all the suggestions and resources you have.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

anitha, pooja and himani have said it well already...to bond with the baby you may find other ways too.. like giving ur baby a soothing massage, give him a bath, talk to him, spend some time with some activities...just take him out on a stroll... if not now, soon he will identify u very well, and there would be times where you would be the only one he needs. a mother is a mother yes.....
    every mom will only want the best for her baby :)
    like i said before, at the end of the day, u got to decide what is best for u and your baby, and what are you both most comfortable in.
    i am no experienced mom but i find these options way too confusing for myself, leave aside the baby
    </QUOTE>???

i know moms who both bfeed and bottle feed, also who breastfeed and supplement alongside when not at home....

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  3. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww took a lot of time to read such big posts here.. Thanks a ton for ladies who suggested me various ideas..

Adding, I have bf Rithik when he was in NICU for the very 1st time.. He sucked nipples very hard and sipped well.. Then I didnt bf him till date.. Today I tried bf ing again and he sucked hard again(got pain in my nipples) and tried to suck well.. Just for 10min he was on my breasts then I started bottle feeding him.. I didnt know how much milk went inside and whether he was okay or not also.. BUt I felt a lovely exp :):)

Reg, bonding I got too many ideas.. Thanks a ton :hiya

Pavarun - You idea about weaning is really suitable for me.. I will bottle feed till he is 6mon and start solid foods.. and slowly wean bottles @ 1yr :thumbsup:thumbsup

Yes, once I join work am planning to come soon to home and bath him, play with him(though he is so small), bottle feed him etc etc..

But I think Rithik is doing good on bottle & bf :cheers.

BF ing ladies - Its really very hard in motherhood I feel.. na?? I think I need to buy nursing pillows coz I bend a lot to see how rithik is doing good in bf ing and my neck started hurting a lot :(

4. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi PV, Himaani, Pooh,

Thanks for your wonderful replies. I certainly agree with you that mothers bonding does not get less if you do not BF but since Anitha has the God given opportunity she can make good use of it. It was Anitha who was in doubt about the bonding not me. I have never questioned anybody till date if I do not exclusive BF after 5 months does my bonding become less etc, etc and I do not intend too in the near future. May be I am a possessive mother but I like the attention my LO gives me too. Pooh has given other options of bonding which is good too, and most of us are already doing it.
    When my mother went to work I was just two and half months left BF completely, I'm sure that it was because of her hardwork and love that I am capable to take care of myself and love her too.
    I do not want to generalise because we have many mothers in different situations in IL, some having undersupply, sickness, adopted so I really empathise.
    Coming to the options, I have considered the options and it is well thought keeping in mind working mothers and non working mothers. It is very easy to understand too, you can pick up just the option which suited your baby the best, the rest can be omitted. That's why I mentioned the combi. I do not intend to mislead anyone personally, it was just a thought. Thanks.

5. AnithaPartha

Lee,

As you said am also a possessive mom ONLY :). That's why I got this bonding doubt and that too when I planned to work & also being posses I felt guilty for not bf ing Rithik(which I have tried it also now).. I was discussing the same topic to my DH yday and I told him if I lack my Rithik's attention then at that moment itself I will drop my job..

I think we all moms want LOs attention.. Am sure all will have this in their minds.. Its 500% true also to have it..

My mom told me that in 3-4 months of age LO watches faces and can read face seems.. Also, kids will see who is feeding them and get attached with them seems.. the moment my mom told this I started feeling that I may not feed all time but my MIL is the one going to do from his 3rd onwards since I may work by then..

let me see how Rithik does in his future months and based on that I will decide things..

thanks anyways !

6. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Anitha this topic is getting too stressful na, I just realised. Appologies for the same.

You are doing good dear, and I see Rithik grow and look sweet in the pic. Actually even LO's are plain moody they would not cling all day and look all the time as you expect, so do not worry much, so as to really drop the job. One thing what helped me was that when I reach home I keep my maid occupied in household work and get me time with my baby so there comes the detachment from maid. And yes when DH is home early then DH takes the baby. I am sure DH is not BFing but still getting the bonding lucky guy must say <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\lydsouza\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape> The major sacrifice and hats off situation is a full time entire life housewife rest whatever you do just boils down to the same thing.
    These days even DH is getting closer and closer to DD, asked him if we get another bed to keep baby he says he needs right in between us, so you know how much possessive DH is getting too.

Wishing you a stress free journey J

7. Neetu_kumar

Neetu_kumar Senior IL'ite

:clap ..............for Rithink. Smart baby. :2thumbsup:

8. waitingForTej

waitingForTej Senior IL'ite

Anitha,

Never too late to start BFing. Looks like you are doing great already!

Incase you are still trying, here's what I did:
    1. watching videos on Youtube on latching.
    2. See if there any lactation clinics/breastfeeding support group in your area where you and your LO can go and they will help you latch on... I found something for free nearby and it was very useful for us.
    3. You can also find a local La Lech League leader in your area using this link- LLLI | Find La Leche League Groups in the U.S.. They will patiently answer any question you have.

Your LO looks very sweet. I like the way babies put their hands up...

All the best

Tej

9. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Anitha,

If you dont mind can u tell me what is the B pump that you are using?

Vidyaa

10. AnithaPartha

Vidhya,

I have used Medela Manual(didnt like it), Medela Symphony double electric(liked but too heavy) and Medela Swing(which am currently using).. Once I work planning to switch to Medela free style adv pump..

which one you use?