Help me in skanda sashti viratham !!!

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Babybala, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Babybala

Babybala Senior IL'ite

I heard about skanda sashti viratham which will arrive after dewali. I am interested to perform this viratham. I have some doubts in doing this.Please some one help me on this.

Is this 6 or 9 days pooja? someone tells this 9 days.. when to start and finish this pooja....

what is the fasting procedure?

I am especially praying for child .. please help me to finish my first skanda sashti viratham......

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

:welcome Sister Babybala to IL family,

Sairam, Skanda Sashti Festival is dedicated to Lord Muruga (Karthikeya, Subramanya) Skanda Sashti is a Six day Vrat observed in the Tamil Month of Aippasi (Oct-Nov) Skanda's victory over Demon Surapadma is celebrated as Skanda Sashti.

In 2014, commences on Oct 24th and ends on Oct 29th with Soora Samharam, Oct 30th is Thirukalayam

Giving the quote Shared by Sister Charihema, you can eat one meal a day and rest on fruits, visit Lord Muruga's temple daily or atleast on Soorasamharam or Thirukalayam in your vicinity.

Recite/Listen Skanda Sashti Kavasam

May Lord Karthikeya and Guru Sayee bless you with a LO and guide you to do the Vrat and stay Blessed, will keep in TTC Prayers too.

SAIRAM

2 people like this.
  3. Babybala

Babybala Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the reply.... this really helps me friendssmiley ...

Let God bless all...

1 person likes this.