Help! Life in India

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by coolcool, Apr 25, 2007.

1. coolcool

coolcool New IL'ite

Hi,
    we are planning to come back to India and settle there. Not yet decided yet.
    My mental pressure is about living life there.
    I have to live with my MIL.

Hi indus ladies, I will be more happy if anyone of you who returned from USA and settled in India says their REAL experience.
    I am happy that I can meet my mom, dad, brother and sister.(eventhoug not the same city)

I think that I will loose my whole privacy. Here in USA, I get up late, eat bread in the morning, cook for afternoon-whatever i like, browse (sometime while brushing my teeth), browse over net even before starting my cooking, weekend shopping-buy whatever i want, weekend roam and have food in the hotel.

I am afraid that I am going to loose all these.
    Since MIL is with me,
    --I cannot freely talk with my mom or friends over phone.
    --I cannot freely talk with my hubby
    --MIL follows more formalities, so my mom&dad will suffer
    for day-to-day life,
    --I should get up early and cook tiffin,
    --cannot touch the computer (since I have kid, after cooking I have to take care of him)
    --I have to get menu from my MIL after afternoon lunch
    --shopping - MIL comes with me always and if I buy some stuffs little costly, she commends and sometimes she asks to buy for our sister-in-laws - so I have to think a lot before buying anything
    --I love to roam with my hubby and kid, but MIL always aks me to stay @ home.
    -- I can eat what my MIL says (she comments me that I am eating more) ((I look thin)
    Am I over imagining?
    I am afraid all these because when she stayed with us in US she did all these.
    Moreover huband - I am not feeling free to move with him when my MIL is there. I have to be more careful in handling words.

Or, should I think like, It is time to change myself. Most of the indian women who settled in India are like this only. I am lucky that I am enjoying USA life.
    Oh... I am toooo confused... Can anyone help me.
    I cannot even ask his friends wifes who settled in India since they cannot say it open.

PPLllllllllllease help me.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
    1 person likes this.

2. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Cool Cool,

Be cool. :) It will happen to all the ladies one day or other. You are thinking too much and making you self tensed, I think. Be cool, and handle things. Even she that is your MIL would have started thinking about you and your habits which she saw in US. I think she will adjust to some extent.

Dont worry! Pray God!! All the best!!:yes:

3. coolcool

coolcool New IL'ite

Hi Krishnaamma, thank u for your reply.
    I am not thinking abt retun to India Now. Anyway I have to face that, I am ready to face anything. I am happy that atleast I got some years to enjoy with my hubby. Thank God for giving me such a good opportunity. I am preparing myself to back to India. Now-a-days, I am getting up early and preparing tiffin (idly, dosa etc). I am just thinking abt the browising... I am not able to control that. I can say, I am addicted to browsing. :)