1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help for health of 8 months old Kid

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by anithadevis, Jan 16, 2012.

1. anithadevis

anithadevis New IL'ite

My kid is 8 months old.Dec 15th on wards facing problem in her health.
    I had consulted doctar they were saying as it is viral infection.Then gave medicine as per dr advice.it was nirmal after 1 week.Again it it has started last week.

1.Toilet is going for her 4 times per day.
    2.Rice kanji,Idily and Dosa and avin milk only we are giving for her.

But weight did not reduced comparing to last month but did not increased also.

Please friends provide your suggestion on this.

Any body faced this problem when your kids were growing.

right she started to stand .

Thanks

Anitha

2. devilaksh

devilaksh New IL'ite

hi

i have two kids of 2 years old. when you have loose motion the main thing you have to do is stop all milk products, including milk. give her warm water often to compensate dehydration.

a few days back my babies had viral fever, usually viral infection takes more than a week to go, but medication should be given continuously to control viral infections.

give her wheat products, like cerelac wheat apple cherry (check out the wheat products of cerelac for the age of your baby), usually wheat controls the motion

please stop aavin milk. doctors used to advice about this. consult it with your doctor

to conclude stop all milk products, give warm water often, give wheat products

continue all medications without stopping it for weeks, use warm water always

your baby will be fine soon

3. rangyani

rangyani New IL'ite

Hi,

One of my friend's baby had the same problem. Doctors advised them to give tender coconut (coconut water) to avoid dehydration. But please with your doctor once.

For some time, stop all dairy products including formula food, as it contains milk solids .

Breast feed her enough, if you are still breastfeeding.Continue with the medications. Avoid visitors till she is completely alright as they may be silent carriers of infections though they may not have the symptoms.

Try to keep her hands clean by washing it frequently with warm water.

Your baby will be alright soon.Will pray for you :)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  4. anithadevis

anithadevis New IL'ite

Thanks Devi.we will give warm water ofter.As per dr suggestion we r giving Electra.

anyway we will give warm water.

5. anithadevis

anithadevis New IL'ite

thanks Rangyani for your kind reply.I am not breasts feeding her.we r giving lactogen .Dr said to me give Tendor coconut.But i did not give.That time it was stopped.Anyway will give it this time.

6. bunchofroses

bunchofroses Bronze IL'ite

please stop giving her milk and milk products. curd is good as it has good bacteria. switch to soy milk. I have suffered this with myn child. Many doctors in India are ignorant about lactose intolerance or are in denial. When stomach is upset the lactose cannot get digested thereby aggrevating the problem.