Help! Any Suggestions or advises are welcome!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by cvsakhila, Feb 24, 2012.

1. cvsakhila

cvsakhila Senior IL'ite

Greetings to all you lovely Ladies!

I am Akhila, 28 years old, married to DH(31 yrs) for almost 4 years now. My DH has ED so we cannot have babies naturally, We tried everything doctors had to offer to overcome the problem but had no luck, finally we are suggested to go for IUI as we are desperate to have a baby and we have learnt there is no point waiting any more.:hide:

My Gyno has asked me to come for a some test after the last day of my period on my next cycle, which involves dyeing to check for fallopian tubes or something I figuered it is the HSG!:bonk I have heard it is very PAINFUL,:bowdown can anyone tell me if I will be given anesthesia for this procedure. Also so far she has not suggested any kind of medicines like Clomid etc. Also I have heard ppl telling that after IUI u are supposed to stay rested with your legs up for atleast 20 mins(funny) :idea but is it necessary?

Post HSG if all goes well, I am crossing my fingers I am asked to come for a scan to check on the ovaries on my 14th day of the cycle, so if the ovary is mature that day will they do the IUI the same day. Please help! I am very worried!:drowning

2. rajisarvan

rajisarvan Senior IL'ite

hi,

HSG will not be that painful. Hope you would have gone for follicular study. It will be similar to that. Also u will have pain in ur stomach similar to ur periods pain. thats it. no anesthesia for this. do not worry. u can withstand. Reg IUI, no idea.
    Dont worry. U will very soon be blessed with a baby. all the best.

3. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Hi cvsakhila,

Like rajisarvan mentioned, I too heard HSG is a rather painless or should I say bearable procedure. But have you spoken to the doctor about what IF there is a block? My friend had HSG done about 4 months back and found out that one of her fallopian tubes was a little narrow. 3 months later she went through a Laparoscopy to check it out and got it corrected. But then she was told she could have had both done at the same time.

After that she's tried IUI once and that too seemed a rather simple procedure.

Just ask your Doctor about this so that there is no further delay trying to book another date for the Lap. Besides when done together, I was told you are given General anesthesia and they are both done one after the other.

If your doctor has reasons why she wants to do them separately, just get to know what they are. That will help you make a more informed decision. All the best.

4. AkanshaA

AkanshaA Bronze IL'ite

Hi cvsakhila,

I had my HSG done in the last cycle. Even i was worried if it will be very painful. But it was not very painful. Dont worry. My gynac gave me 2 injections few mins before the procedure(Not sure what injection was that).
    All the best.

Akansha

5. boons

boons Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I went for the hsg last year . I had tubal block and they wanted to test my tubes whether they had opened up because i had a miss carriage like something and missed my period for 4 months.

When they started to inject the dye, since i had block on both sides, the pain was very severe but was bearable. since they couldnt see one of the tube properly, they had to inject the dye thrice for me and by the third time, i fainted. I felt dizzy and wasnt able to move for sometime and became alright after 2 hrs. It was uneasy but what to do?? for a child, we can tolerate this much, i think!!

I had to go on empty stomach and they had given me pain killers.
    it was done on day 6 after my chums and i even had bleeding for some time.

But if there is no block and is clear, i think it must be very easy. Please ask someone to accompany you.

Again they did a scan hsg for me few months back and it was not at all painful.

doctor guesses that my tube opened up due to the force they apply during they inject the dye. If it is forcefully triggered, the blocks if any, will be flused out.

Iui is a simple procedure. They will wash the husbands sample and clear out the not moving and waste ones and inject the same way how hsg was done.

Yes , u need to rest ur legs and waist in a raised position for sometime for the liquid to pass inside ur uterus.

All the very best and wish u all success.

6. cvsakhila

cvsakhila Senior IL'ite

Thanks for your reply Raji,
    This is my first time, I havent gone through follicular study yet, my Doc has also asked me to come on 11th day may be for follicular study itself!
    Your msg was very encouraging, thank you!

7. cvsakhila

cvsakhila Senior IL'ite

Hi Tanoshii,
    Thanks for this piece of information I would have never known, Will talk to the doctor about it before my HSG and will also keep you also posted.

1 person likes this.
  8. cvsakhila

cvsakhila Senior IL'ite

Hi Boon,

Thank you for your detailed reply, I am sorry to hear tht the procedure was so painful, I only hop;e I can bare the pain. I hope I dont have any blocks, there will be one less thing to worry about then. I did not know that I had to go on an empty stomach, thanks for that information as well.
    Can you also tell me will they facilitate us to keep our legs raised after the HSG?
    Thanks again dear..