1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Heaven in my balcony

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by deepagopalan, Nov 6, 2009.

1. rajeshreel

rajeshreel New IL'ite

Awesome..pics..:thumbsup
    Soothe feeling...

2. pshah

pshah New IL'ite

Yes you can try,no harm in it only few things which you must keep in mind while appling this paste are,
    *Wear a protective optic for safety,use brush for appling it.Wash hands after you finish the job,better use hair dye glowz.
    *While watering just check water does not touch branches because CaCo3 i.e chuna is harmful for roots but practically no harm I saw even if small part of it goes under the soil so dont worry.

3. laxmisri

laxmisri Silver IL'ite

hello deepa..wonderful thread and a real feast for eyes...you r doing great job..thank you so much for starting the thread and sharing ........
    please do upload the whole picture of your balcony (if possible)so that I can check out whether my imagination is up to the mark.thanks again

4. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Hi Rajeshreel and Dipa Shah,

thanks for your feedback:).

br,
    Deepa.

5. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

hi Laxmi,

thanks for your compliments,my cam is small i tried last week to cover whole but coz of space restricted i couldnt able to do as well the clarity is not good couldnt judge what plants are their...:rotfli will try again for you dear..

with love,
    Deepu.

6. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear.

this was clear tip,i will spray water so that chuna wont go away..

br,
    Deepa

7. MadhuRao

MadhuRao Silver IL'ite

Deepa,

Truly heaven in your balcony! I envy!

I love gardening too but due to space constraint and small site dimension, there is no ground space available for planting anything. But since I love greenery, I have made a small terrace garden where there are few plants like roses (almost all colors) 3 Tulsi plants, 2 bettle leaves creeper, 2 types of jasmine creepers, chemanthy (2 colors), 1 red hibiscus, bitter guard creeper, 4 aloe veras.
    What i want to tell u is not this, but a real fact which struck me after reading <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">ur</st1:City></st1:place> first post of this thread. Due to morning rush and paucity of time, I have placed an one big pot of tulsi at the entrance of our main door. I wash the floor, put rangoli every day (barring 5days), light lamps both the times (morning and evening), perform puja....say slokas. Maintain sanity strictly. Every fortnight will add manure and pesticide. Whenever i see any plant dying, i adopt it. I bring it home, put it in a nice pot and allow it to grow. Thats how i have got chemanty plant and jasmine plants.
    Like you I also, get worried and even cried two to three times. Some how my DH convinced that we can have another similar plant. But when I see Tulsi withering away, I have a phobia that some thing ill is going to strike my family...So it makes even more painful to see a Tulsi plant dying. Now i know what my Tulsi plant needs, along with my care it also needs company. Today as soon as I return home from work, first thing i am going to do after washing hands and feet is move this pot to terrace along with the other pots. Even if i have to run an extra errand (climb two floors) everyday, no matter, but I really cant see the Tulsi plant wither anymore (especially when the reason is known). Thanks Deepa, this has touched my heart, inspired as well. Thanks very much for sharing this. <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 18.75pt; HEIGHT: 13.5pt" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\asekhar\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>All the best!:thumbsup
    Some day i will post photos of my plants here! Enjoy !<v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 45pt; HEIGHT: 30pt" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"> <v:imagedata o:href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/images/smilies/beerchug.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\asekhar\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image002.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  8. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Dear Madhu,
    thanks for your compliment dear. You are most welcome do post your photos of your garden.
    I can understand your feelings ,I too feel the same,even if one leaves doesn’t look fresh also I feel very bad and it will make me sick :spinthinking something going to happ,I learned when my tulsi started growing well when I kept and gave them company…now I can feel the happiness…
    i like your devotion,attitude and love towards your tulsi and other palnts.go ahead and give them company...all the best dear..

with love,
    Deepu.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  9. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi Deepa,

I still can't believe its your balcony. It looks extensive like a garden. Nice to see such a wonderful species of plants. I too love plants.

This is one thing that interests me. I too planted tulasi and the pigeons have nibbled on it. Tulasi is really difficult to grow. Keep up the good work.

The moral of the story is do not loose hope :)

10. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Thanks Dear,

thanks for the moral also it is perfect match:cheers.i have 2 balcony thats y i can able to keep more plants,now i started kicthen small window platform..i will post those photos too..

with love,
    Deepu