1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Heaven in my balcony

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by deepagopalan, Nov 6, 2009.

1. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

hi Madhu...

thanks for your compliments...tulsi plant is my kick start for this heaven...and i feel the credit should also goes to tulsi plant :cheers for having such a lovely heaven in my balcony..

br,
    Deepu
    [​IMG] Story behind Tulsi vivah...and the procedure

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  2. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Thanks Monica..

Yes u r right my Tulsi-Krishnan added more glow to my heaven balcony...thanks again.:thumbsup

br,
    deepu

3. madhurit

madhurit Senior IL'ite

Hi Deepa,

Very nice to see all ur daughters (plants) looking very cute and beautiful. By seeing the photos only we r getting very thrilled and happy. I think u r enjoying nicely with those. Continue and enjoy tht happiness.

Regards
    Sudhamadhuri

4. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Thanks Dear..

i love taking photos...am becoming good photographer:rotfl...

well tulsi vivah is a marriage between tulsi and Shaligram(Krishna)..vrinda was the tulsi..she married demon king jalandhar,jalandhar was very arrongant king.
    Jalandhar got a boon that he will remain immortal as long as his wife Vrinda is chaste (Pati Vrat). This made King Jalandhar declared war on other kings, demi gods and started tormenting innocent people.
    Lord Vishnu in the guise of Jalandhar approached Vrinda and she mistook him for her husband.They lived like husband and wife. Soon Jalandhar was killed in a battle.later she got known that Lord Vishnu who stayed with her like her husband and made her to break the pati vrat.she got furious and she cursed Vishnu and made him turn to Shaligram(stone).
    Lord Vishnu did not let Vrinda suffer for no fault of her. She was turned into a Tulsi plant and gave her the boon that she will find a place in all houses and she will be worshiped. Tulsi Vivah is performed to establish this divine relationship between Lord Vishnu and Vrinda.

for procedure and more snaps of tulsi vivah u can check out below my thread.

With love,
    Deepu.

5. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

hi Sudhamadhuri,

Thanks for your feedback,all my daughters are fine and happy...i will try to put photos of my new plants.

best regards,
    Deepu
    Story behind Tulsi vivah...and the procedure

6. vallinach

vallinach New IL'ite

:)I read the story about tulsi plant.You have nicely decorated Krishna. It looks like we are seeing in front of us. Nice pictures of flowers. Are they in your balcony? or you have the flowers in your garden?Enjoyed seeing all the pictures.
    vallinach

7. pshah

pshah New IL'ite

Madhu,
    No seva is bigger than this,you have rightly adopted a thought of Shiva is Jiva hence you are a holy soul indeed.

8. pshah

pshah New IL'ite

Deepa
    Let me correct you if you don't mind,Tulsi vivah has nothing to do with Shri Krishna who was an avatara of Shriman Narayana although no harm in keeping Shri Krishna near Tulsi but if you love perfection and purification by shashtras use Shri Shaligram and place it near Tulsi.

9. resmijitu

resmijitu New IL'ite

Hi Deepa,

Really a heaven in ur balcony. Saw all the plants are looking soo beautiful and healthy. Congrats for ur effort...

Regards,
    Resmi

10. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Hi Vallinach,

thanks for the comments..are all my balcony pictures..i have two small balcony(hall and bed room) now my third is kitchen platform.

br,
    deepa.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...75775-story-behind-tulsi-vivah-procedure.html