1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Healthy lifestyle challenge

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by vchelluri, Dec 5, 2011.

1. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

that is a really fun activity for all of you. We have to get back to our childhood to enjoy the games with them. So all of you having nice work out eh? :) wish you all a great time.

1 person likes this.
  2. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

You are right Mira. It's really fun to enjoy those childhood games again at this age. Initially I was hesitant to do the slide and run behing the kids while everyone was watching in the park. But my DH loves a lot to play such games with kids and he started initially and seeing him some kids also joined to play and seeing them I could not sit silently and finally joined them leaving my shyness aside. I was happy as some more parents came forward to join with us and we really had fun. That's why we have regularised it, enjoying ourselves with kids and keeping our bodies fit in parallell.

Regards,
    Latha.

3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

three mangoes in one stone ;-) :thumbsup 1. Work out 2. Keep children engaged & active - stress buster too 3. Enjoying ourselves

1 person likes this.
  4. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am here to share my improvement in physical strength and stamina after opting to a healthy lifestyle change since one year. With 2 caesarians and lots of stress, I put on so much weight and became physically so weak that it has become a regular to get sick for every 7-10days. I used to feel tired easily and stressed a lot even if with little more work than my regular schedule.
    If I had to invite anyone home, it's real headache for me as my body feels so much strained and I will get sick for the next 2 days. If I had to go out with family, I am so tired by the end of the day and feel sick with severe headaches.
    But since an year I brought some minor changes in my diet and exercise habits as I mentioned in my previous posts and now I am enjoying my the new vigour in my body. I am feeling so fresh and relaxed and now I am least tired even after a walk of 6kms or even after a long trips with kids during weekends. And moreover these days I am very happy to invite friends for lunch/dinner and my body is feeling light and strong these days. I am very happy with this improvement in my physical stamina which makes me feel happy all the time and enjoy the time with kids and dh. And I don't feel like missing anything from my diet in particular and don't feel stressed to do exercise regularly.
    As I mentioned in my previous post, I am enjoying outdoor plays with kids and also doing jogging for 1/2 an hour and in case I miss jogging, I am doing skipping for 20 min. (1000 skips) without any hang of breath.
    I am quite happy for this and decided to continue my healthy lifestyle journey with more energy in this year too.

All of you please do share your improvement also.

Regards,
    Latha.

5. sandstar

sandstar Gold IL'ite

Vchelluri, That's a tremendous and healthy improvement!!

6. priyasudhakar

priyasudhakar Gold IL'ite

hi vchelluri,

why cant you refresh this thread... now only i read all the post in this thread and noted down some points. i wish you to refresh it

7. sunita1211

sunita1211 Silver IL'ite

Thats so true, even your link is helpful,
    Healthy living does not mean not eating and heavy excercising. It starts from simple steps like 20 mins walk or even clean air and water we consume , A water purifier plays a key role in clean water.
    Also Water Purifier Comparison is also very important before choosing the purifier

8. sunita1211

sunita1211 Silver IL'ite

THatys a very good thread ,
    I must adopt some to improve my lifestyle

9. HakunaMatata

HakunaMatata Gold IL'ite

Nice thread... I like to join with you guys..

Recently I started to use jaggery and jaggery powder instead of sugar..
    This is my first step..

Now only I m slowing changing myself for a healthy lifestyle.. will post my next steps once i have accomplish it

10. HakunaMatata

HakunaMatata Gold IL'ite

I dont know this is healthy or not, but we loved this change.. We started to lie in nights in our open balcony.. our body is so cool and fresh in the morning.. At 5'o clock we feel like waking up without any alarm.. We are getting sound and peaceful sleep, even though we have vehicle sound once in a while in the street..