health policy

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by nlrs, Nov 3, 2011.

1. nlrs

nlrs New IL'ite

suggest good health insurance policy

2. shaishav

shaishav Silver IL'ite

How many people to be covered?
    How much cover required?
    Do you need a family floater?
    Do you have critical illness policy?
    Do you have medical cover from your company?

3. kokila19

kokila19 Bronze IL'ite

Hello sir,
    I too need a health policy.
    How many people to be covered? - 2
    How much cover required? - 20 lakhs
    Do you need a family floater? - I dont know what it means
    Do you have critical illness policy? - No
    Do you have medical cover from your company? - I have it, but I'm not planning to work after one year.

4. shaishav

shaishav Silver IL'ite

Hi Kokila,

Please find my response in Red

How many people to be covered? - 2 Both Adults? Age?
    How much cover required? - 20 lakhs Any specific calculation for arriving at a 20 Lk Cover?
    Do you need a family floater? - Family floater is a comprehensive insurance which covers all the members of the family.
    Do you have critical illness policy? - No You should take critical illness policy for 3-5 Lakhs
    Do you have medical cover from your company? - I have it, but I'm not planning to work after one year. If you are planning to leave your job, how do you plan to pay for your insurance?

5. kokila19

kokila19 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks sir!

How many people to be covered? - 2 Both Adults? Age? - Yes 29 and 26
    How much cover required? - 20 lakhs Any specific calculation for arriving at a 20 Lk Cover? - No sir, Have not made any specific calculation
    Do you need a family floater? - Family floater is a comprehensive insurance which covers all the members of the family. - Yes I would need it.
    Do you have critical illness policy? - No You should take critical illness policy for 3-5 Lakhs - Thanks Sir, will surely take it.
    Do you have medical cover from your company? - I have it, but I'm not planning to work after one year. If you are planning to leave your job, how do you plan to pay for your insurance?- From hubby salary

6. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

Can one provide me some information to take health insurance ? I am blank on this topic. Actually my employer provides me coverage of 5 lacs for my family (My DH is self employed so he doesnt has anything). Apart from this we dont have any personal health insurance. Is it necessary that we have one personally? My family consists of me, DH and DS. What are the facts we need to consider while taking a new HI ? Do they cover consulting fees, medicines etc ? Can we have Parents and PILs to be covered in the same policy ? Sorry for too many questions. I would appreciate if i could get some information over here. thanks.