Health of ivf kids

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by coolviji, Dec 3, 2011.

1. coolviji

coolviji New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    My sister is dealing with fertility issue and planning to undergo IVF. She is concerned about the health of the baby born thru IVF. Do you have any information on this. I don't know much about this and not able to help her. Please share your knowledge on this.

2. coolviji

coolviji New IL'ite

Any parents with IVF kids

Hi Friends,
    My sister is dealing with fertility issue and planning to undergo IVF. She is concerned about the health of the baby born thru IVF. I don't know much about this and not able to help her. Please share your experience if you or your dear ones have IVF kids.

3. Vasuma09

Vasuma09 IL Hall of Fame

In most cases children conceived by IVF are healthy. However, several long-term follow-up studies have found that IVF children are more likely to have accessed health care services, such as hospitals, for surgery or other medical interventions than children conceived naturally. Some experts have found that this can be explained by circumstances around the child's birth, such as being born prematurely or as one of a multiple pregnancy.

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Any parents with IVF kids

Hi Viji,
    IVF baby is just like the normal baby, baby won't have much difference. So, no worries! Baby health depends on the mother's health in the early stage, so ask your sister to take care of herself!