1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 9

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Jan 4, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hello Aruna,
    Yes, Aruna, it was sad. Writing this episode I became moody myself. But it is a necessary phase in the story.
    Whatever may be the degree of trust, if an evidence which is apparently incontrovertible is presented then the trust is shaken.
    More murders are caused by doubt and suspicion rather than by actual betrayal.
    We will get Sharada and Sethu in the next episode. Till then take care.
    Thanks for the fb,
    regards,

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    this episode made me heavy with sorrow. When a third person talks about one's own spouse, it is always better to talk it straight with the person, isn't it? But when it comes to one's own, people like Priya also lose their heads, may be. It is very sad that both the loving people are in this fix. I am afraid about what is in store for them now.

3. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    I am in constant sync with the episodes but not able to post the feedback due to time constraint!(Well,I generally dont like putting the blame on time but I am doing it here!)

Even now..I am drooping due to sleep but I took time to read this week's episode and I definitely want to put down my thoughts here.

As usual,there are a lot of lines in this episode which is really worth a read but since all have previously mentioned it I am not repeating it!

And abt the story's inclination towards the worst reality that is going to encounter the couple...I am not at all able to digest that! :-(
    Yes,I just cant believe that ,the lady,who would have thought a hundred times before taking another chance with marriage is falling a prey to suspicion. Hmmm....Just cant accept that!

And Madhavan,the very practical minded ,who was portrayed as a person who likes transparency in whatever being said and done , is trying to shield something, which when told out cld have saved their marriage!

Such things do happen..!! But I really cant accept this (sniff!!)
    Yeah...the story is taking a very emotional turn and I am sure when I get to read the part where the Evil Destiny in the form of the Vulture is going to take over the lovely couple's life...I will definitely be in that depressed hangover feel for some time!! I am getting prepared for that!
    But at the same time I feel ,the Bhrama of this story can have a choice of giving a good feel to the readers by helping Love win at the end!

Luv,
    Jaya

4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Yeah, i too did not like the path Destiny is taking..... and true abt the line that when we r warned abt the evil people, we think, "Oh that will not happen with me!" or "he/she will not be evil with me!"
    But poor Priya and Maddy, well caught in your hands...oops i mean Destiny's hands......sad! But waiting hopefully for Alls well that ends well!

5. kripa shankari

kripa shankari New IL'ite

hi sridhar
    thank u for nominating my post.
    well i find he emotionally depressing.
    actually i was angry with my dh for an issue and after reading ur episode 9 could not sleep. i know all these exist but i do not know whether it is ur style of writing or the way i mentally picturise these characters,it felt like a personal loss.
    i promptly made up with him.
    so some gud out of ur story .
    in a married relationship there is only room for two.
    when u start bringing a third person into ur private life,it spells disaster
    b that person a relative, a friend, a colleague or any other.
    life is all about trust
    if it gets shaken once,it always leaves a bitter taste which can never b
    totally removed.
    my father has this policy of not giving jobs to relatives in our company.
    he would say there is nothing like money or ego to strike a relationship.
    u may take it today saying it is ur professional life and not to b mixed with personal one.
    but in life it seldom happens.
    u may end up losing ur friend /relative in the long run.
    ur episode seems to reiterate this.
    in my house my fil,dh and urs truly r cas.
    but we never so much as discuss the budget at home.
    u know it makes for a more peaceful environment.
    at first this seemed a little stupid,
    but as kannadasan would say
    paramasivan kazhuthul irunda pammbu kettadu
    garuda sowkyama.
    irukkum idathil irundal ellam sowkyame
    everyone to his own business,at home we r thatha,amma appa and patti
    thats it.
    looks like it is now timeline b's turn for betrayals.
    catch u later luv
    kripa

i

6. varalotti

Dear Varloo,
    Believe this episode did also make me heavy with sorrow. Remember the discussion we had on gossipping. The one rule we should have is that if some one complains to us about a person who is closer to us than the complainant, then we should not listen.
    Suppose a maid complains to the lady of the house about her mother-in-law, she should not listen. Adopting this rule will give us some protection. But when Destiny teems up with villainy, well, the hero and heroine do not have much to do.
    I am also wondering where the story is going to take us.
    Thanks for the fb.
    regards,

7. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar ,
    He 9 was heavier than what you warned me about it .Its very true - one's brilliance & alertness loses its power ( or nature) when 'destiny' plans its evil tricks on that person . Its a pity that both Madhavan & Priya fell prey in the hands of destiny . Had it left atleast one free , both their lives would have been saved . Pray God ( not you ) nothing bad happens to them in future !
    : sometimes we love to think of " would have beens " eventhough the "is" being the reality ! We are happy while imagining atleast !
    I too can't believe that trust takes leave the moment they get suspicion over each other . Priya starts hating her husband all of a sudden just by seeing the video clippings - its atrocious & incredible . But after all we are all puppets in the hands of ' destiny ' ." Varum Vidhiyin kaiyil vazhvum bommai " ( neeyum bommai naanum bommai - song ) .

The real ‘HE’ - Madhavan .:hatsoff The words are powerful ! NICE WRITE UP Sridhar !

Affly ,
    Indhu .

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  8. varalotti

Dear Jaya,

I have been missing you for quite some time. Nice to see you again in this forum. I am sorry that I came between you and your well-deserved sleep.

As usual,there are a lot of lines in this episode which is really worth a read but since all have previously mentioned it I am not repeating it!

Yes, Jaya, even I am not able to digest what's happening to Madhavan and Priya. But I tell you far worse things are happening in the real world. I know at least half a dozen cases where the catastrophe was even worse. But that's life.

When I asked a senior writer-friend as to what should be the underlying theme of any interesting novel, he replied quoting Bharathiyar.

தர்மத்த்டின் வாழ்வதனைச் சூது கவ்வும்
    தர்மம் மறுபடியும் வெல்லும்

Evil will one day win over the good. But once again Good will come up to vanquish evil. That, he said, is the fail-proof themeline for any novel.

Agreed that Madhavan is practical minded, values-oriented transparent and all. But when evil spins its web over such person he becomes helpless.

Whether Brahma of this story wishes so or not, love wins ultimately. And good wins over evil in the final analysis. But the problem is that good has casualties in its side too. And there will definitely be temporary setbacks.

Stay tuned.
    Love,

9. varalotti

Dear Sudha,

I too didn't like the path Destiny was taking. But if Destiny were to take the path loved by us, it will no longer be destiny but our guardian angel.

In any story beginning from Mahabaratha, the characters are first caught in the author's hands, I mean Destiny's hands, before all ends well.

All good things end well. But not the same way they started with. Any more explanation on these lines, I will be giving out the story.

Thanks for the fb, Sudha.
    My wait for the story is equally hopeful. Let's see what happens.
    regards,

10. varalotti

Hi Kripa,

I am tempted to even nominate this post for FP. I am happy and proud that HE 9 made you to make up with your husband. Something similar happened a few years ago. An 18 year old boy insisted that he should have a two-wheeler. His father refused. There was a big fight going on between the two. The boy threatened to run away from the house. Then the father took the boy to his family friend, who is an Engineer. This man is my fan. He had just read my short story "Appavin Manam". In that story the son would run away from the house because his father had refused to buy him a motorcycle.

The family friend sent away the father. He made the boy sit alone in his study and gave him my story to read. The boy cried after that and told that whenever his father decides to give him a bike, it was fine with him.

Honestly Kripa, I have to set aside false modesty when I write these lines. When you write a story as heavy as HE, you give an essential part of yourself. The emotional drain was so severe with HE 9 that I could not sleep that night. I posted the story at 12 30 PM. And when you say that such a story made you to make up with your husband, I am moved and touched. Hours spent on writing have not been wasted.

Not only in marriage in any relationship if you let a third person come in between the relationship will be spoilt.

Very profound truth. You know I have an even stricter policy. When my brother in law wanted me to be his CA, I told him point blank, "I can be either your CA or your bil. The fact that I am your bil can't be changed now. So better find another CA."

He was a little put off with me at that time. But now he realises the worth of the statement and is even more affectionate with me. And as a matter of policy I neither lend nor borrow except from close relatives like Dad, Mom or brother and that too I return within a few days.

If my friend or acquaintance comes to me with a request for loan, I'd rather give a small amount as gift and forget the matter than give a loan, and lose both the money and the friend.

Yes, the labour pains have started already. Pray for the health of the mother and the child and for a safe delivery.

Love,