1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 8

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Dec 29, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shanthi,

That looks a great idea to me. In fact this fb session is what I like most about my stories. For many times I get ideas from the ILites. When I wrote The Haunted House for the first time, the first ever novel/serial written by me, I had created many knots in the story. Towards the end, I asked the ILites to list down the knots. With the brilliant answers I receive from the ILites, I was able to write the climax without leaving any knot unresolved.

That's true, Shanthi. First dress was a protection against heat and cold. Then it became a personal statement. You treat a man in full-suit in a way totally different from how you would treat a man in jeans and T-shirts. Similarly cars which used to be means of transportation have become personal statements. American novelists use this in their work. For instance a simple sentence, "He owns a yellow Ferrari." describes the character so well, that without that statement, you have to write a three-page character sketch for that.

True. And many of the agencies cheat. And they use the pictures for their own selfish ends, like marketing their services or even selling to the other party.

Thanks, Shanthi for the tips. Once when I had to write HE 5 or HE 6 during late night, I asked Indhu for a cup of hot tea. The tea was good and I could write the episode in an hour. But could not sleep after that. Next time will use your recipe.

Thanks once again.
    regards,

2. varalotti

Dear Vandhana,
    Welcome back. Hope you had a great time.
    I am happy to know that you too like that GC combination in tea.

I find that you are more interested in Timeline B than Timeline A. That is especially so because you made Madhavan into Madan. Well, we're going to have Sethu's flashback soon. I won't keep you waiting more than what is absolutely necessary.
    But next week we have to see poor Madhavan's troubles.

Regards,

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  3. varalotti

Happy New Year!

Most Gracious ILites,

Wish you all a very happy new year. I want to share some thoughts with you on this new year which I have put together in a thread in my Wednesdays' forum. You can click the link Accountants New Year in my signature and read them.

Have a great year ahead. Take care.

Love,

4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Sorry for the late fb....just got back from holiday and finished reading HE 8!

well i do feel sorry for Sharadha....what a life she has at home....pity her!
    I liked the Zen story too.....Sethu seems very alert and intelligent too. Good that Balki 's plan backfired! Now wonder what does Sethu's flashback contain!?! Very racy episode......but a long wait for the continuation.....Looks like you too have a multitracking mind...how r u keeping pace with the two timelines!

5. varalotti

Dear Sudha,

No problems with the late fb. I now get fbs for posts I wrote more than a year back. So any fb before the next episode appears is still on time. And if a fb is not on time, it is perfectly okay. There is no race here. And I will respond to a fb, however late it may be.

That Zen story is one of my all time favourites. I have posted the other all time favourite in my new thread, An Accountant's New Year.

What does Sethu's fb (here it means flashback) contain? A billion dollar question.

I am writing HE 9 now. And I need to confess to you that writing this episode drains my energy like any thing. Several times I started writing and then abandonded the attempt. If someone is taking a movie out of HE, filming the 9th episode will be a mere cake-walk for them. But to create it.... well, to use the common metaphor I have been using all along, this time, it was a C-section this time.

Fortunately the mother and the child are safe.

Wishing you and yours a very happy new year.

regards,

6. varalotti

Re: HE - Episode 9

Most Gracious ILites,

It is 12 15 AM now. After reviewing HE 9 for the umpteenth time, I could not sleep. It sort of got on my nerves.

So I thought why not upload it 6 hours earlier than usual, so that the load will be lifted from my heart. And here I am.

No doubt it will land on yours. But some things in life are inevitable. HE 9 is one of them.

Love,

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Part 7!

hmmmm as usually guessed..Balki in action....dontknow what happened to Sharada...i am thinking as she lacked atleast a word of comfort or appreciation...when it came from Sethu seems like she is finding comfort in his presence

8. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Super! Going to the next one now.

9. varalotti

Re: Part 7!

That's happening to most of the women these days, Srividya. Words of comfort coming from somebody else and that is the root cause of all affairs and complicated relationships.

I am sorry Srividya, I missed your fb and only noticed when the next fb came in.
    sridhar

10. varalotti

thanks a lot, SM.
    sridhar