1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - A Curtain Raiser!

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by Induslady, Nov 7, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra, (the second h is safely in its place)

Welcome back to my forum. I did miss you for a long time and am happy to see you back with your typical FB.

That's really typical of you. But, Chithra, honestly, why should not a woman who is not a senior citizen be denied the privilege of welcoming HE. After all HE is a fictional character. But I am sure as the story advances the fine line between fiction and reality will become finer and finer.

There will be no stress for the moderators in this serial. In SHE I had to portray a modern woman. So I had to venture into some alternative life style stuff. But HE is a straight drama with little scope for active moderation. But I have to warn you, Chithra, that as a reader you cannot just sit back and relax. There might be a sudden jolt once in a way. Dont tell me that I did not warn you. So sit back and relax.But be prepared for a jolt. Or else try to sit in the edge of the seat.

I never thought I will have to explain this "reversal" to a Madurai woman. In Madurai as you know better than me we go to Amman Sannathi first and then only to Swami Sannadhi. So how can I, a strong Maduraiite, reverse the natural order of our dear city? So it is SHE first followed by HE. Ok?

I am happy to see that you have started a pre-boarding round. Well, my idea in this is quite clear. Love or betrayal, friendship or enmity or for that matter any trait or quality cannot be generalised based on sex, race, religion, country or any other extraneous consideration. I have found women generally more intense in their feelings. Because emotions is always the strong point of woman. So a woman who is capable of an intense love is also equally capable of a cruel betrayal.

At this stage let's agree to press the pause button to this argument. And let's continue from where we left when we come to that point in the story.

You have every right to be critical of the story. You tear it into pieces. But please, please do not show your indifference to HE. Somebody makes a new dish and gives it to you. You eat it. And if you remain silent (read indifferent) after eating it, it will be killing for the person who prepared the dish. The better way is just to tell her on the face that the dish was horrible. Now the creator of HE can bear the comment that HE was horrible. But he does not have the heart to bear indifference.

Thanks for your kind wishes.
    Love,

2. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sridhar ,
    Ur ‘Curtain Raiser for HE ‘ made me raise my eyes in wonder !Nice introduction! Eventhough u ‘ve promised it will be a simple story , the hints u ‘ve made on it tell its going to be an interesting but complicated one !” ('You men have the knack of complicating anything' - my women friends always tease me) “ Yeah……ur women friends judge u well ! ! One thing is for sure : U r going to tear women folk into pieces by telling toooooooooooo much nice things about men folk ! o.k …….let me wait & see how u express ur ….i ‘m sorry ….’ His’ feelings !
    My best wishes to u , Sridhar !
    Affly ,
    Indhu .

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Haa...You did it again Varalotti!

I meant to browse through quickly and get along with the day's preparations...But then, I glance at this 'curtain raiser'!

So, HE is coming soon....:)) Seems HE is eager...so I am all eyes now...

If HE is even half as interesting as this Curtain Raiser and its feedbacks, you be sure you have a winner on hands!!

With Shanvy doing the 'boni' and Vidya back at home and at her keyboard, I can await a very good tete-a-tete in the near future and that will sure pep up our reading.
    Now add Chitvish to your critics, I am all thrilled to expect some real 'pattasu' here, never mind the Deepawali we are celebrating here without any such fire crackers!

Loved Indhusri's comments...who else but she should know how this he-mind works.

Okay, all set here. Waiting for the Saturday..Best of Luck....

L, Kamla

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    After finishing all preparations for the festival, I opened the forum. And a gift awaits me here, the curtain raiser assures that HE is arriving soon. Thanks for the gift.
    My husband says that this is Deepavali release in IL, I agree with him.
    Had been missing your serials and so happy about HE.
    Welcome to HE.

5. varalotti

Dear Indhu,

When it comes to responding to other comments, I start writing the moment the screen opens up. Being trained as a lawyer I can defend any of my statements. But with you, Indhu, I am utterly defenceless.

As I am writing this response I am reminded of your gentle but firm warning to me this afternoon. 'Sridhar, you are raising the expectations of all the ladies. See to it that your actual serial is at least half as good as the curtain raiser.'

Madam, I am fully aware of my limitations. When it comes to writing I am not naive to think that I can produce any thing of merit purely by my own thinking. Whatever I have written so far, at least the good ones, did not come from me. They just came through me. Nothing spectacular can come out of a sleep-deprived mofussil accountant sitting all alone staring at his laptop, when the whole world is fast asleep. At least I am not presumptuous enough to believe that kind of a ********. But even that M.A. can act us a conduit for good things. This is my only trump card in the game of writing.

Since I enjoy your love and that of all the ILites, I am sure that I will be helped to deliver HE, in the same way I was helped to deliver SHE.

And Indhu while on this, let me warn you, what I write is not about my feelings but what I think my characters would feel under the given circumstances. No writer can simply write his feelings and sell his work.

Thanks a ton for your kind wishes. I need quite a lot of them to acquit myself of this major responsibility.

affly yours,
    sridhar

6. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

I am very excited to know that you are going to start HE soon, i am pretty much sure that u are not going to disappoint us.

All the Best and cant wait anymore to read the first episode.

Wish u and ur family a safe and Happy Diwali.

7. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,

So this is the start of another magnum Opus. Good as you have so graciously asked us, i think we Mods will take of our mod caps and then relax a while.....

So waiting to read the first episode this saturday hopefully.

Vandhana

8. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Welcome back and Happy diwali!

Good we have something to look fwd to on saturdays again. I still remember how we used to wait with excitement for your saturday episodes in THE HAUNTED HOUSE!
    Hope we have the same thrill ....and hope we get to understand more about the men in our lives because of HE!

all the very best!

9. varalotti

Thanks Kamla. I am now burning the mid-night oil to write a serial that is at least half as interesting as the curtain raiser.

But let me warn you here don't look for any pattasu in HE. I exhausted all my pattasu in SHE itself. HE will be mostly matthappu. But once in a while, once in a bluemoon, even a mathappoo may explode. So take extra care.

Shanvy doing the boni, Vidya back in her fullest form, CV at her critical best... well Madam, you have left out one important factor.... Kamla at her inspirational best.... ha ha ha. This kind of forces can make any one write.

Believe me Kamla, I took more time to respond to Indhusri's comments than even in writing the curtain raiser.

The first episode of HE will be released Saturday. But whether it will be this one or the next, as of now, God only knows.

Thanks for the eager participation.
    Love,

10. varalotti

Dear Varloo,

Take a spoon of sugar and toss it into your DH's mouth. I can't agree with him more. Yes it is Diwali release in IL. And you know what, I am exactly like the Director of a Diwali release film sitting restlessly brooding over its reception by the people. Of course in my case the release is yet to happen. Tension is mounting, both within and without. I am keeping my fingers crossed, nay, folded in prayer that I should deliver something worthy to the beautiful members of this wonderful site.

Thanks for the nice note, Varloo.
    regards,